LAST REVISED ON: MAY 14, 2018
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. We will post any modifications or changes to the Policy on our Sites. We reserve the right to modify the Policy at any time, so we encourage you to review it frequently. If we make any material change to the Policy, we will post a notice on our Sites prior to such change taking effect.
We only process your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection legislation, including but not limited to the (EU) General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679) ("GDPR") and applicable national data protection legislation (hereafter "applicable law"). For the purpose of EU data protection legislation, the data controller is Deca Games OÜ of Pirni 12, Tallinn 10617, Estonia.
Depending on whether you are a website visitor, customer and/or user of our Services, we will process personal information. We will also collect and use information about your technical equipment such as your hardware and software type and location data, and other information you provice us with.
For more information about the data we collect, please see the section below.
We will use your personal information for different purposes. We will for example use the data to provide your with the Service you have requested, to improve our game and other Services, to predict user trends, to process payments and customize our Services to you.
WHAT WE PROMISE
We promise to keep your data safe and to not to sell your data to third parties. We promise to give you the right to access and delete your data, and to provide you with ways to manage and review your marketing choices as well as any other information (such as for example newsletters) you get from us.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information about you in a range of forms, including personal data. As used in this Policy, “personal data” means any information which, either alone or in combination with other information we hold about you, identifies you as an individual, including, for example, your name, postal address, email address and telephone number. We collect information about you in the following ways:
Information You Give Us: This includes:
- the personal data you provide when you register to use our Sites or Services, including your email address, username, password and IP address;
- the personal data that may be contained in any comment or other submission you upload or post to the Sites;
- the personal data you provide in connection with promotions we run on the Sites;
- the personal data you provide when you report a problem with our Sites or when we provide you with customer support; and
- the personal data you provide when you correspond with us by phone, email or otherwise.
Information From Third Party Platforms: Our Sites include interfaces that allow you to connect with social networking sites and other third party platforms (each a “Third Party Platform”). If you connect to a Third Party Platform through our Sites, you authorize us to access, use and store the information that you agreed the Third Party Platform could provide to us based on your settings on that Third Party Platform. This may include, by way of example only, your name and login email you have provided to the Third Party Platform, your profile picture or its URL, your user ID and the user ID of your friends that are also connected to our game(s), your physical location and that of your access devices, your gender, your birthday, groups you have joined, your posts and your friends’ posts. We will access, use and store that information in accordance with this Policy. You can revoke our access to the information you provide in this way at any time by amending the appropriate settings from within your account settings on the applicable Third Party Platform. You may choose not to allow the Third Party Platform to provide us with certain information about you, but you might not be able to use certain features of our Sites and/or Services as a result.
If you use our Services on or through a Third Party Platform, you will also be subject to the privacy policies and terms of service of the Third Party Platform. We do not control and are not responsible for those privacy policies or terms of service, or for the privacy practices of such Third Party Platforms. Please read their terms of service and privacy policies before you access our Services on or through them and before you submit any data to them.
Information Automatically Collected: We automatically log information about you and your computer or mobile device when you access our Sites or use our Services. For example, when visiting our Sites, we log your computer or mobile device operating system name and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, browser language, screen resolution, the website you visited before browsing to our Sites, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Sites. Please refer to the sections on Cookies, Flash Technology and Pixel Tags below. We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals from web browsers.
WHEN DO WE COLLECT YOUR DATA?
We will collect data about you when you use our Services, including in the following situations:
- when you register a Realm of the Mad God account;
- when you subscribe to our Newsletter;
- when you use our website or play our game;
- when you contact us or our support services, via emails or letters;
- when you log in to our Services using third party account;
- when you make an in-game purchase;
- when you enrol in, or participate in, one of our events.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA
We use your personal data as follows:
- to operate, maintain, and improve our Sites and Services;
- to manage your Account, including to communicate with you regarding your Account, if you have an Account on our Sites;
- to operate and administer promotions you participate in on our Sites;
- to respond to your comments and questions and to provide customer service;
- to send information including technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- to send you marketing e-mails about upcoming promotions, and other news, including information about Services offered by us, provided you have opted-in to receive such information. Such marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your Account with us (if you have one) and our business dealings with you;
- to process payments for Virtual Currency that you make via our Sites;
- as we believe necessary or appropriate (a) to comply with applicable laws; (b) to comply with lawful requests and legal process, including to respond to requests from public and government authorities; (c) to enforce our Policy; and (d) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and
- as described in the “Sharing of Personal Data” section below.
What are cookies?
We may collect information using “cookies”. Cookies are small data files stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device by a website. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer or mobile device until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Sites.
We use two broad categories of cookies: (1) first party cookies, served directly by us to your computer or mobile device, which are used only by us to recognize your computer or mobile device when it revisits our Sites; and (2) third party cookies, which are served by service providers on our Sites, and can be used by such service providers to recognize your computer or mobile device when it visits other websites.
Cookies we use
Our Sites use the following types of cookies for the purposes set out below:
Type of cookie
Analytics and Performance Cookies
These cookies are used to collect information about traffic to our Sites and how users use our Sites and Services. The information gathered does not identify any individual visitor. The information is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It includes the number of visitors to our Sites, the websites that referred them to our Sites, the pages that they visited on our Sites, what time of day they visited our Sites, whether they have visited our Sites before, and other similar information. We use this information to help operate our Sites and Services more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information and to monitor the level of activity on our Sites.
We use Google Analytics for this purpose. Google Analytics uses its own cookies. We use this information to improve how our Sites and Services work. You can find out more information about Google Analytics cookies here:https://developers.google.com/analytics/resources/concepts/gaConceptsCookiesand how Google uses your data here: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
You can find out more about how Google protects your data here: www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
You can prevent the use of Google Analytics relating to your use of our Sites and Services by downloading and installing the browser plugin available via this link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB
You can typically remove or reject cookies via your browser settings. In order to do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “settings”, “help” “tools” or “edit” facility). Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings.
Further information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your computer or mobile device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.com.uk.
We may also use Flash cookies (which are also known as Flash LSOs) on our Sites to collect and store information about your use of our Sites and Services. Unlike other cookies, Flash cookies cannot be removed or rejected via your browser settings. If you do not want Flash cookies stored on your computer or mobile device, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash LSO storage using the tools contained in the Website Storage Settings Panel at https://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html. You can also control Flash LSOs by going to the Global Storage Settings Panel at https://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager03.html and following the instructions. Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications, including, potentially, Flash applications used in connection with our Sites and Services.
We may also use pixel tags (which are also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) on our Sites to track the actions of users on our Sites. Unlike cookies, which are stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device by a website, pixel tags are embedded invisibly on WebPages. Pixel tags measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the Sites, so that we can manage our content more effectively. The information we collect using pixel tags is not linked to our users’ personal data.
SHARING OF PERSONAL DATA
We may share your personal data as follows:
- Third Parties Designated by You: We may share your personal data with third parties where you have provided your consent to do so
- Our Third Party Service Providers: We may share your personal data with our third party service providers who provide services such as data analysis, payment processing, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing and other similar services. These third parties are only permitted to use your personal data to the extent necessary to enable them to provide their services to us. They are required to follow our express instructions and to comply with appropriate security measures to protect your personal data.
- Third Party Advertisers: We may share personal data with advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Corporate Restructuring: We may share personal data when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- Other Disclosures: We may share personal data as we believe necessary or appropriate (a) to comply with applicable laws; (b) to comply with lawful requests and legal process, including responding to requests from public and government authorities; (c) to enforce our Policy; and (d) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others.
When we use the term “anonymous data”, we are referring to data and information that does not permit you to be identified or identifiable, either alone or when combined with any other information available to a third party.
We may create anonymous data from the personal data we receive about you and other individuals whose personal data we collect. Anonymous data might include analytics information and information collected by us using cookies. We make personal data into anonymous data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We reserve the right to use anonymous data for any purpose and to disclose anonymous data to third parties in our sole discretion.
THIRD PARTY SITES
Our Sites may contain links to third party websites and features. This Policy does not cover the privacy practices of such third parties. These third parties have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their websites, features or policies. Please read their privacy policies before you submit any data to them.
USER GENERATED CONTENT
You may share personal data with us when you submit user generated content to our Sites, including on forums and blogs on our Sites. Please note that any information you post or disclose on our Sites or via our Services will become public information, and will be available to other users of our Sites and Services and to the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your personal data, or any other information, on our Sites or via our Services. Such personal data and other information will not be private or confidential once it is published on our Sites.
If you provide feedback to us, we may use and disclose such feedback on our Sites.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFER
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect personal data within our organization. Unfortunately, no transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be completely secure, and transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any Account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us using the details in the Contact Information section below.
You may access the personal data we hold about you. If you wish to exercise this right, please contact us using the details in the Contact Information section below. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
You can also contact us using the details in the Contact Information section below to delete or update or correct any inaccuracies in the personal data we hold about you. In your request, please make clear what personal data you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your personal data that you have provided to us suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your personal data that you have provided to us. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the personal data associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or deletion (e.g., when you enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the personal data provided until after the completion of such promotion).
We will retain your personal data for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
OUR POLICY ON CHILDREN
Our Sites are not directed to children under 16. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us using the details in the Contact Information section below. We will delete such information from our files as soon as reasonably practicable.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive personal data (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Sites or otherwise to us.
We welcome your comments or questions about this Policy. You may contact us in writing by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Pirni 12, Tallinn 10617, Estonia.