Hey everyone, Krathan here. We hope you enjoyed this winter so far!
Before we get started, I'd like to clear up some things about our recent server mishaps, specifically in Ice Tombs.
Firstly, I want to assure you that it did not leave us cold. You're not alone in being frustrated and mad, we're right there with you. Initially we intended to communicate with you about the issue more, but in the last few days we mostly focused on fixing those issues instead - hence why it has been somewhat silent from our end, sorry about that.
All dungeons now come with a default limit of 85 players. We also have a potential fix which might finally put an end to these so-called lag deaths, as primarily but not exclusively seen in the Lair of Draconis and Ice Tomb. Keep us updated if the issue still occurs!
Now, onward to more pleasant things!
It is time. Craig's preparations are finally done! His plethora of presents for the Mad God is finally ready. Oryxmas can finally truly begin! That is, if something doesn't go wrong...
Meanwhile, a new presence has set their sight on the Realms... with the full intention to never let this winter end! Their minions already started taking over the Mountains!
Enter Craig's secret location where all of Oryx's gifts are stored. Destroy as many gift boxes as you can before the Present Protection Extraction protocol is activated! Be quick and loot smart as you'll have 120 seconds before the gift boxes become invulnerable. The farther you go, the better the rewards are!
This exclusive solo dungeon can be entered using a special key in your vault. You'll be able to get keys via Daily Quest, drops from event chests or mystery boxes.
Thanks to u/happy_cookie for her incredible work on the Santa's Workshop.
A new seasonal Encounter has arrived - the Permafrost Lord! In addition to Ice Shards and Primal Ice he has the following rare drops:
- Frost Citadel Armor
- Frost Elementalist Robe
- Frost Drake Hide Armor
- Staff of Iceblast
- Tome of Frigid Protection
- Eternal Snowflake Wand
Grinch & Chest Events
A lot of Dungeons will be hosting Event Chests in the coming days: The Nest, Ocean Trench, The Shatters, Manor of the Immortals, Davy Jones's Locker, Woodland Labyrinth, Mountain Temple, Ice Cave & Puppet Master's Encore!
Check out the Events Calendar HERE and we will be posting the details and loot tables on Reddit at the start of each event.
The Grinch also crashes into your dungeons to steal some of your Loot:
- The event will run from 12/14 until 01/05.
- Dungeons: Undead Lair, Mad Lab, Toxic Sewers, Abyss of Demons, Puppet Master's Theatre, Parasite Chambers and Snake Pit.
- The Grinch will sometimes spawn after defeating the Boss of the Dungeon: hurry up before he escapes with your Loot through a portal!
Grinch's Loot table:
- Santa Workshop Key
- Festive Slurp Pet Stone
- Christmas Tree Pet Stone
- Mystery Stat Pot
- Oryxmas Consumables
And finally, the patch notes themselves!
- Lowered default player limit for Dungeons and Bazaars to 85 players.
- Enabled teleportation in The Nest for the upcoming Chest Event.
- PMs no longer bypass the star filter.
- Fixed right-click chat player menu not functioning if player is on different instance - available options are Whisper, Block and Add Friend.
- Fixed disconnection issue with using abilities while getting Quieted.
Quality of Life
- Optional Encounters have their own color on the minimap.
- Pressing the Up Arrow in chat repeats the latest sent chat message.
The rise of HP scaling! Oryx 1, Oryx 2, Davy Jones and most Encounters are the second wave of enemies to receive this treatment. Exceptions for now are the Avatar of the Forgotten King, Killer Bee Nest and the Lost Sentry.
- Lowered various UT and Stat Potion damage thresholds for Encounters further.
- Base HP: 85000 -> 60000
- EXP: 68 -> 10000 (5 Fame)
- Base HP: 75000 -> 65000
- EXP: 195 -> 20000 (10 Fame)
- Base HP: 16000 -> 20000
Eye of the Dragon
- Base HP: 24000 -> 18000
Lord of the Lost Land
- Base HP: 70000 -> 60000
Grand Sphinx, Hermit God
- Base HP: 55000 -> 50000
- Hermit Tentacles also scale.
Skull Shrine, Pumpkin Shrine, Cube God, Gobble God
- Base HP: 15000 -> 10000
- Base HP: 8000 -> 5000
Bonegrind the Undead Butcher
- Base HP: 100000 -> 70000
- Base HP: 1000 -> 20000
- Base HP: 66000 -> 50000
Avatar of the Forgotten King
- HP: 500000 -> 450000
Killer Bee Nest
- HP: 100000 -> 80000
- Nest Colony HP: 10000 -> 5000
- Reduced Nest Colony Invulnerability duration.
- Reduced Nest Colony amount of explosion projectiles
Hey everyone, Krathan here again! Winter is com-... winter is here!
We have many festive events and things for you to do this year and also many presents! As always, we also have a few Quality of Life improvements which we hope you will enjoy. And finally, more long needed adjustments to both dungeons and items. More of those are to come in the future, of course!
Lots of rewards in the December Login Calendar await our most loyal and active adventurers. Tomorrow, keep an eye out for the new calendar and do not forget to log into the game every day to claim your gifts!
The Ice Tomb is back and can be entered from the Court of Oryx… if Craig does not mess up! Loot tables have also been updated with the new exclusive items from this season.
Throughout the month, most encounters in the Realm are dropping tokens that will allow you to acquire some cool new items:
- Ornaments: a stack of 25 will grant you the exclusive Helping Huntress Skin.
- Bells: a stack of 10 will grant you one of Santa's magical flying Reindeer that can be summoned to boost your stats for a limited period of time. Can you catch them all before the season ends?
- Primal Ice and Ice Shards: The Tinkerer has gotten an Ice Forge for Christmas and is happy to help you in making powerful Ice Weapons. With 20 Primal Ice he can forge the Ice Weapon of your choice to sleigh enemies with this holiday. Once a day, he will also exchange a stack of 5 Ice Shards into Primal Ice.
- Quests will be available on December 1st.
There are a lot of other Christmas gifts to be found, go break open some chilled out enemies and see what you find!
But be ready for more, adventurers… winter has yet to unveil all of its events and surprises.
List of Limited-Edition Rewards
- Cloak of Winter (T6 Rogue Ability)
- Snowbound Orb (T6 Mystic Ability)
- Pathfinder’s Helm (T6 Warrior Ability)
- Coalbearing Quiver (T6 Archer Ability)
- Skull of Krampus (T6 Necromancer Ability)
- Vigil Spell (T6 Wizard Ability)
- Greedsnatcher Trap (T6 Huntress Ability)
- Resounding Shield (T6 Knight Ability)
- Ornamental Prism (T6 Trickster Ability)
- Nativity Tome (T6 Priest Ability)
- Holly Poison (T6 Assassin Ability)
- Advent Seal (T6 Paladin Ability)
- Ilex Star (T6 Ninja Ability)
- Scepter of Sainthood (T6 Sorcerer Ability)
Santa's Reins Companions
- Donner's Reins +10 VIT / 30 sec
- Prancer's Reins +10 WIS / 30 sec
- Cupid's Reins +100 MP / 30 sec
- Vixen's Reins +100 HP / 30 sec
- Rudolph's Reins +10 DEF / 30 sec
- Dancer's Reins +10 DEX / 30 sec
- Comet's Reins +10 ATK / 30 sec
- Dasher's Reins +10 SPD / 30 sec
- Icicle Launcher (T12 Bow +7% Fame)
- Frost Lich's Finger (T12 Dagger +7% Fame)
- Frosty's Walking Stick (T12 Staff +7% Fame)
- Winter's Breath Wand (T12 Wand +7% Fame)
- Saint Nicolas' Blade (T12 Sword +7% Fame)
- Yuki (T12 Katana +7% Fame)i
- Santa's Sleigh
- Egg Nog
- Candy Cane
- Figgy Pudding
- Frost Cake
- Blue Ice Candy
- Lowered the threshold to create new realms, so there should be more realms available.
- Unless in a Realm, active soulbound bags created by players disappear upon them leaving the area.
- Winter Nexus without Alchemist activated.
- Oryx's Frozen Castle activated.
- Gobble God deactivated.
- Lowered the FP amount from Candy of Extreme Stat and Santa Skin.
Quality of Life and Fixes
- Active Dungeon Events are displayed automatically after connecting.
- Show Fame Gain option: Shows notifications for each full fame gained.
- Improved readability of item quantity for tokens and stacked consumables.
- When the realm shake is starting, Oryx also broadcasts to all dungeons.
- Removed default impact particle effect for all throw-spawned objects, for less visual noise.
- Fixed Ninja item slots not having a background in the trade panel.
Dungeon Balance and Fixes
- Woodland Labyrinth: improved Vitality distribution, drops guaranteed Attack and low chance Life.
- Deadwater Docks: improved Dexterity and Speed distribution, drops low chance Life.
- Crawling Depths: improved Mana distribution.
- All three: improved tiered loot on bosses and mobs, lowered damage thresholds and slightly increased EXP gain.
- Quest Chest and Epic Quest Chest loot tables have been updated.
- Adjusted Paralyze turret damage: 50-150 -> 80
- Adjusted Weak turret damage: 50-100 -> 100
- Adjusted Silence turret damage: 100-150 -> 120
- Fixed high DPS metamorphosis skipping.
- Exit portal spawns in the center of the boss room.
- Replaced Observer wall with regular destructible walls.
- Moved Observer wall in front of the last room.
- Reduced the amount of pirates.
- Fixed Captain and Admiral spawns (previously weren't spawning at all).
- Increased water throw cooldowns on leader mobs.
- Water no longer overwrites light sand.
- Decreased Jon move radius further for a safe spawn.
- Made exit portal spawn in the same place consistently.
- Cowardice portal disappears when Jon is defeated.
- Added bigger areas of sand around walls in start and end rooms.
- Fixed boss water splash overwriting walls.
- Exit portal spawns in the center of the boss room.
Lair of Draconis
- Waits 8 seconds instead of 1 before players can choose a dragon.
Pirate King's Cutlass
- Rate of Fire: 120% -> 130%
- Damage: 184-231 -> 180-230
- Projectile Speed: 100 -> 150
- Projectile Range: 3.25 -> 3.3
- Defense: 0 -> -2
- Speed: 0 -> 3
- Feed Power: 500 -> 800
- Fame Bonus: 4% -> 5%
- Rate of Fire: 160% -> 140%
- Damage: 95-130 -> 115-170
- Projectile Speed: 70 -> 120
- Projectile Range: 6.3 -> 7.2
- Speed: 2 -> 5
- Fame Bonus: 4% -> 5%
- New description: Fashioned from the finest logs found within the Woodland Labyrinths, this bow uses sharp leaves instead of conventional arrows. Such lightweight ammunition allows for quick movement.
- Projectiles appear slightly bigger (50 -> 60)
Tablet of the King's Avatar
- MP Cost: 155 -> 120
- Projectile Speed: 160 -> 120
- Projectile Range: 11.2 -> 11.4
Ancient Spell: Pierce & The Forgotten Ring
- Removed +10 Maximum HP, +5 Maximum MP, +3 Attack and +2 Defense and added it to The Forgotten Ring.
Etherite Dagger & Spectral Ring of Horrors
- Removed +4 Vitality and +4 Wisdom and added it to Spectral Ring of Horrors.
- Damage: 116-214 -> 115-215
Pixie-Enchanted Sword & Ring of Pure Wishes
- Removed +1 Attack and added it to Ring of Pure Wishes
Ring of the Sphinx
- Feed Power: 500 -> 700
2017-12-07 Hotfix 20.0.1
- Fixed disconnection issues at Pyrr in LoD.
- Fixed disconnection issues related to ice and speedy.
- Enchanted Ice Shard FP has been increased (500 -> 700).
- Improved consistency for Winter UT reskin sprites.
- Fixed Oryx not being dressed properly for the Holidays.
- Fixed typos in various item descriptions.
- Event tokens now drop in Golden bags instead of Orange bags.
- Super Consumables now drop in Purple bags instead of Orange bags.
- Super Consumables drop rates have been decreased.
- Stack limit is shown on Snowball tool tips.
- Slight Reindeer animation improvements.
- As you are probably already aware, login issues were already fixed.
Shop UI update and changes:
- Icons for boxes now display items instead of the placeholder chest icon (thanks to kieul for the suggestion)
- Reduced the size of the quantity selector to fit the UI better
- Added Fame amount under Gold amount in the Shop UI
- Box description pop-up is now displayed when clicking anywhere on the box container
- Fixed minor UI bugs
- Fixed some issues with certain region tiles in the Nexus
- Gobble God is now active and replaces the Cube God
Hey everyone, Krathan here again to deliver some news!
Before I get to the patch notes, there is something we want to address. As you are probably well aware, our recent chest events have had some serious hiccups and rightfully caused a lot of frustration - for us as well.
Along with all the other fixes we have going live, the kinks with the new system should finally be ironed out now. We didn't want to extend the duration of the event while it was still acting up, but decided to run an Undead Lair event next weekend to confirm everything is functioning properly and stress-test the feature. More info on that soon.
Now, let's get to it! This time around we have a small-ish patch which mostly focuses on polish and fixes, while we're preparing for a bigger patch some time soon to kick off the winter season.
End of Halloween Events
- The Fall Nexus is back! To avoid confusion, we have removed the Alchemist until we figure out what to do with that feature.
- Piles of Bones, Pumpkin Shrines and Zombie Hordes no longer spawn, Oryx 2 stopped wearing Halloween costumes and no longer drops Magic Pumpkins.
- Feed Power was added to Pumpkin Seed tokens (200 each) and Bone tokens (50 each), but they can no longer be exchanged for items.
- The Killer Bee Nest is now optional like the Lost Sentry (still visible on the mini-map).
- Month of the Mad God tokens and bags have been removed.
- New Shop UI - Promotions, Packages and Mystery Boxes are combined in a brand new Shop UI with some additional functionalities.
- New customer support login integration.
Quality of Life
- Teleport timer is updated when attempting to teleport while the 2 minute Realm cooldown after a server switch is still active.
- Legends leaderboards display a red glow for the top 10 players.
- Potion Purchases are disabled by default.
- HP Bars are enabled by default.
- Fixed damage bypassing invincibility under specific circumstances, while encountering lag spikes. Oryx lag should finally no longer be a threat, but be careful nonetheless!
- Fixed teleport going on cooldown despite failing, improved error handling.
- Fixed teleport group menu not prioritizing the first player.
- Fixed Parasite Chambers, Puppet Master's Encore and Lair of Shaitan completions not being tracked.
- Fixed Nexus and Options button overlapping with the mini map.
- Fixed disconnection issue in the Shatters.
- Cleaned up invisible Shatters entities which were unnecessarily marked as enemies.
- Fixed some issues with the bad word filter.
- Fixed Adorable Lil' Warrior Skin animations.
- Fixed shop issue with multiple pack purchases sometimes not granting all items.
- Fixed guild teleports not bypassing 2 minute teleport restriction.
- Fixed Oryx 2 sometimes refusing to stop dressing for Halloween.
Hey everyone, Krathan here!
We've got a pretty big one for you and hope the wait wasn't too… horrifying. Happy Halloween!
Halloween Events (from 10/24/17 until 11/14/17)
Halloween is here and with it comes a whole bunch of events in the game!
- The new Halloween Nexus is live! Huge thanks to Beige as always!
- The Zombie Horde, Pumpkin Shrine and Halloween Oryx 2 are back:
- Defeat them to collect limited edition re-skin weapons and Pumpkin seed tokens, hidden inside the Magic Pumpkins!
- Collect 50 tokens during the Event to claim a Helm of the Jack-o'-naut!
- Piles of Bones and their undead servants can be found throughout the Realm during the Event:
- Destroy them to collect Bone Tokens!
- Exchange 50 tokens to claim the exclusive Halloween 2017 Haunted Robe Wizard skin!
- Halloween reskinned weapons drop from the following Bosses for the duration of the Event:
- Septavius the Ghost God (Undead Lair): Staff of Horrific Knowledge, Skull-splitter Sword
- Lord Ruthven (Manor of the Immortals): Bow of Nightmares, Dagger of the Terrible Talon
- Ghost of Skuld (Haunted Cemetery): Wand of Ancient Terrors, Corrupted Cleaver
- Halloween Event Chests schedule:
- Puppet Master Encore: from 10/27/17 to 10/30/17
- Ocean Trench: from 11/3/17 to 11/6/2017
- Shatters: from 11/10/17 to 11/13/17
New skins! https://imgur.com/a/veoVG
From today until 10/31/17, use fame points in-game to contribute to unlocking the Halloween 2017 Community Reward:
- 10M Fame used by the Community will unlock: Candy of Extreme Wisdom!
- 20M Fame used by the Community will unlock: Candy of Extreme Dexterity!
- The Candies will instantly max out both stats on your favorite character!
- The rewards will be available on Halloween day!
"Hey Deca, how the hell are we supposed to spend 20,000,000 fame points in a week?!"
Here are some facts for you guys: during MotMG, the community has spent a total of 78,584,700 fame points, just on Craig's fame boxes! This time EVERYTHING counts!
We're also adding the Halloween Fame Box to the Mystery Box shop to help you with the task: some cool cosmetics, backpacks and a chance to win the exclusive Mini Cauldron Pet Stone (credits: UIPY)!
New horrors have entered the Realm! Go look for infested buildings near the mountains to gain access to this new high level dungeon. And be careful, it's not for the faint of heart.
- New permanent addition to the Realm.
- 3 New UTs: a Spell, a Tome and a Scepter.
- New mechanic: Explosive Barrels. I'm sure you'll figure it out, just be careful. Like you should be when handling any explosives!
- Health scaling: specific enemies scale with the amount of players in the dungeon.
- Stone Guardians also have proper health scaling, which replaced their scaling regeneration.
- Increased the drop chance for the Manor of the Immortals.
- The Ring of Unbound Health replaced the Ring of Decades drop in the Shatters.
Quality of Life
- New command /event now displays in the chat log dungeons that have chest events active.
- Frequent chat log system messages will now display which events are currently running.
- Portals start flashing 5 seconds before they disappear.
- Always Show EXP option: Show EXP notifications even when level 20.
- Introduce invulnerability to all players when Realm generation occurs (Oryx lag).
- Equipment Tool Tips:
- Spells show their amount of shots.
- Boomerang on projectiles is displayed and cuts range in half to avoid confusion.
- Parametric on projectiles is displayed and it uses the magnitude as the range.
- Range rounds to the second digit.
- Rate of Fire now shows the weapon's actual value rather than relative comparison.
- Comparison for Cooldown and Shots.
- Better fix for invisible enemy de-sync (fixes the brief flashing).
- No longer using queued text for Level Up notifications.
- Made the Disable Ally Notifications option affect Level Up and EXP notifications.
- The Horrific Creation no longer gets stuck outside of the room.
- The Ninja default skin is back!
- Equipment Tool Tips:
- Fixed projectile inconsistencies (condition effects not always showing).
- Fixed "Shots: 1" sometimes showing when not needed.
- HP Bar Fixes:
- Bars no longer show on invincible objects (for example traps in the Cave of a Thousand Treasures).
- Bars no longer disappear on Rogue when invisible or Paladin when invulnerable.
- Bars always show on Kage Kami (and his grave).
- Bars always show on Treasure Pots in the CoaTT.
- Bars always show on the final Ghost of Skuld.
- Bars no longer show on Sprite Trees.
- Sprite Fixes:
- The Lunar Mystic skin has improved animations.
- Several skin sprites and dye masks have been adjusted.
Baggage! (Quality of Life and Fixes)
- New bag types!
- Orange: ST, Skins, Pet Skins, Dyes, Cloths, Keys, Pet Food and Wine Cellar Incantations.
- Gold: Tokens, Marks, Treasures and Tarot Cards.
- Red: T13 Weapons, T14 Armors and T6 Rings (Unbound).
- Bag priorities: Brown - Pink - Purple - Egg - Gold - Cyan - Blue - Orange - Red - White.
- Loot Drop/Tier Potions no longer result in one bag color but rather one for each regular bag, so you can still get White Bags! This also means low tier bags won't be turned soulbound for potion users anymore.
- Low tier items can be drop-traded!
- Up to T9 Weapons, T4 Abilities, T10 Armors and T4 Rings (Paramount).
- Hp/Mp pots and special consumables (now also counting Tinctures, Cocktails, and the Wooden Box).
- You can now drag items directly out of loot bags like in good old times!
- Just like portals, bags also start flashing 5 seconds before they disappear.
- White Bags last two minutes instead of one.
- Uncommon Eggs, Tinctures, Cocktails and the Wooden Box are no longer soulbound.
- All special consumables drop in soulbound bags like they used to (Drake Eggs, Holy Water, Ghost Pirate Rum, etc.).
- Fixed client trying to drop drop-tradable items into soulbound bags and soulbound items into public bags.
- Fixed items getting stuck on the game screen while dragging them. No more drag and drop art and item golems on the game screen, sorry! It's the end of an era.
About New Design Features
We spent quite some time on new features and options for XML! You will certainly see some new things happening in the Parasite Chambers. We will spend more time documenting these new features for ourselves, our UGC contributors and of course any interested and future XML enthusiasts out there. Let's talk about them for a bit!
We now have a much better and optimized way to scale enemies with the amount of players in the current instance. This is still a test run, as only certain enemies in the Parasite Chambers and the Stone Guardians use it so far, but if all goes well, we can introduce it to more enemies. And not to worry, it shouldn't get to a point where the "the more the merrier" principle of RotMG will be hurt, as the scaling is still a little conservative and primarily meant to prevent steamrolling, not equalize difficulty.
Enemies can now deal area of effect damage directly, without the need for grenades. You will certainly see this in action in the new dungeon!
Shot patterns no longer have to originate from the enemy's position, we can set relative positions now. This opens up a lot of options for interesting patterns without having to deal with invisible helper objects, complicated orders, etc.
We have a new behavior for teleporting players now! Its first official use is… for a certain Easter egg in the Nexus I shouldn't really talk about! In the future this gives us opportunities for new dungeon designs and also a way to make backtracking in dungeons less painful.
There are also smaller new features like damage on Tomes, number of shots for Spells and of course various other options which also have been introduced with the past class and item balance patches. We have a lot of work to do on the documentation!
We have made some changes to quests!
- Egg craft quests have been replaced by scout quests, turn in only one mark from Godlands dungeons for extra stat pots!
- All epic quests and a few normal quests require less marks.
- Added new epic quests for the Parasite Chambers.
You should start seeing these changes by tomorrow at the latest!
- Improved Realm restart Invincibility (also changed from Invulnerability).
- Removed all Quest markers from the Lair of Draconis.
- Bone Piles spawn with a tile to prevent obstacle spawning.
- Bone Piles have more HP (from 3000 to 15000).
- Event Chests now have scaling HP (reduced base from 180000 to 60000).
- Fixed super stronk Furious Lashers and Horror Maws at Infested Buildings (disabled HP scaling).
- The drop rates for Magic Pumpkins have been more than doubled and Oryx 2 drops at least one!
- Fixed super stronk Parasitic Stalkers at Infested Buildings (disabled HP scaling).
- Fixed Heart Thief Necromancer dye mask.
- Introduced measures to fix Event Chests not spawning - please let us know if you're still encountering issues.
- Introduced enemy count if 10 or less for Event Chest clearing.
- Fixed issue where the exit portal doesn't spawn and enemies remain after killing the Forgotten King too fast in the Shatters.
Why, hello there!
Today we only have a small patch. But not to worry, this is just preparation for the upcoming big one! It will get spooky...
- The Necromancer has a new extra spooky Set: the Hollow King! Credit goes to /u/Atrapper for the design and /u/-Dappertron- for the sprites.
- You can get two of the pieces from Ghost Kings in the Realm and the other two from Septavius in the Undead Lair.
- 100 Chests (+20)
- 30 Gift Chests (+10)
- And don't worry, we made sure not to mess with the existing unlock order this time!
Hey everyone, Krathan here!
The honor to provide our patch notes to you has been bestowed upon me, now that Myzzrym has left us to pursue other opportunities. We wish him the very best and hope he can drop by some time to tell us tales of… his adventures? Lamborghini adventures.
No longer will I have to bother him because of last minute changes or because I spotted a typo somewhere too late. Now I get to make and hopefully correct ALL the typos myself!
Alright, so this time around there aren't really that many new topics. Wait, what's that? I'm being told we actually have THREE? AGAIN?! Well, better get to it then...
Okay, I tried reaching Craig to help me with this, but it seems like he ended up in someone's Guild Hall again… that's alright, poor guy had enough on his plate with everyone trying to ruin his summoning rituals anyway. I can do this!
So, first things first, here are... things!
The patch notes! Much needed and asked for Quality of Life additions and tons of fixes. So many in fact, that I felt the need to come up with categories! I am very excited to bring you these!
We fixed a few inconsistencies and issues that have been in the game for years, so we are aware that some of these might take some getting used to!
End of the Month of the Mad God
We hope you had fun and I swear we'll go easier on the moss next year! We appreciate all the feedback you had for us, keep it coming!
- The Oryx Horde has been deactivated and the statue is back in the Vault.
- The Leprechaun has been deactivated.
- Demon Blade and Doom Bow drop like they used to.
- Moss, Stone, and Mad God tokens now have feed power values: 50 / 100 / 200, but do not drop anymore.
- Teleportation in the Nest is back to beeing disabled.
- Loot Tier Potions no longer affect Potion drops: Health and Magic Pots no longer turn into Stat Pots, but Stat Pots also no longer turn into Wines.
- Medusas drop Snake Pit instead of Abyss of Demons.
- White Demons drop Abyss of Demons instead of Ice Cave.
- Unbound Rings finally have their own descriptions.
- Curse no longer soaks enemies in tomato sauce.
Quality of Life
- Disable Particles Master option: Disable all nonessential particles besides enemy and ally hits. Throw, Area and certain other effects will remain.
- Other particle effects that aren't disabled: Pet abilities (Electric and Rising Fury), Lightning (Scepters), Ring (Traps), Vent (Ocean Trench), and Vortex (Void portal).
- Disable Ally Notifications option: Disable text notifications above allies.
- Disable Enemy Damage Text option: Disable damage from other players above enemies.
- Disable Ally Damage Text option: Disable damage above allies.
- Disable Players Hit Particles option now functions properly.
- Items display temporary stat boosts in tooltips (Cocktails, Tinctures, Gumballs, etc.).
- New command /classes, /class or /c to display how many players of each class there are in your area.
- Client corrects enemies that turned invisible due to desync issues (healed on death, etc.).
- Notifications no longer use queued text.
- Damage from Prism of Dire Instability, Ghostly Prism, Hivemaster Helm bees, Drakes, and all explosive consumables counts towards the user's soulbound damage.
- Gravel no longer ignores invincibility and has a more accurate description.
- Orange Drakes and Gravel no longer ignore Stasis Immunity.
- Orange and Blue Drakes only zap enemies they can affect.
- Pet food no longer implies that you can equip it and displays a better tip.
- Fixed tooltips for ST items on leaderboards.
- Fixed redundant information for Helm of Draconic Dominance.
- Fixed an issue where consumables other than keys could not be used when under 10 stars.
- Fixed an issue where certain items would not grant their intended Fame Bonus.
- Invincible and invisible enemies can no longer be (attempted to be) cursed.
- Fixed Marble Pillar buffs not affecting cloaked Rogues.
- Fixed green Mad Lab liquid uncloaking Rogues.
- Corrupted Armors will now spawn with their own tile to remove obstacles.
- Fixed Swoll Fairy Boomerang range.
- Lost Halls
- Enemies now despawn if they are about to enter the closed boss room.
- Spectral Sentry at the Encounter now despawns properly at the end of the fight even if stuck.
- The Marble Colossus no longer leaves rocks alive and still spawns the void rift when killed too fast.
- Marble Colossus Lasers should no longer desync.
- Insta-killing Cultists no longer locks the fight.
- Many Old XML Issues which will result in slightly different behaviors here and there, here are some noteworthy changes:
- Drakes: buffed ranges (like Wild Shadow initially intended!) except for White and Orange.
- Gravestones: fixed level 1 and level 20 lifetimes.
- Eye of the Avatar: fewer shots, but more and consistent damage.
- Oryx Puppet: fixed stacked shots, fixed pattern arcs, increased shot ranges, and made the Artifact phase less pointless.
- Fixed the following Skins: Snow Queen, Blizzard Sorcerer, Slashing Beauty, Princess Warrior, and Stone Skins
- Fixed default Archer attack animation (hat and belt) and Limon sprite dirt.
- Fixed various unnecessary spaces and improper punctuation in enemy dialogue.
- Fixed extra spaces appearing in multi-lined chat messages.
- Fixed various typos and small errors.
The Tinkerer is back and has changed quite a lot: new UI, new features, new quests and a bunch of general improvements to the Daily Quest system!
Here are the main and most relevant changes with the new version:
- 5 quests refreshing every day are now available.
- Quest list is randomized per user.
- Quests can be completed in any order without the need to complete quest 1 to get quest 2.
- Items required for the quests are now directly parsed and consumed from the inventory and backpack (goodbye, tedious drag and drop!)
For the quests themselves, as you will see, we have decided to put the focus on dungeon completion rather than the old system of requiring a random item to be turned in.
Most bosses in the game now drop their corresponding Mark (e.g. Mark of Septavius). Marks are a new soulbound and non-stackable quest item. They are guaranteed to drop from each boss and thus fairly common. We want to incentivize running dungeons for the quests rather than stockpiling Marks, but you can go for it if you're willing to sacrifice the space.
Collect the marks after defeating Oryx and his allies hiding in their dungeons and bring them back to the Tinkerer to obtain great rewards in exchange: Quest Chests and Epic Quest Chests.
- Quest Chests drop Stat Potions, tiered items and UTs from all dungeons in the Normal Quest pool.
- Epic Quest Chests drop more and better Stat Potions, higher tiered items and UTs from all dungeons in the Epic Quest pool.
The first quests will become available tomorrow!
UGC - User Generated Content
Big news here as well, we are happy to announce the release of the Public RotMG XML Documentation!
It was about a year ago when we first started looking into UGC. Pioneered by Kiddforce and Sues with the Sewers and the Hive, we have come a long way since then. We are really humbled and impressed by the passion the community has always shown on Reddit, Realmeye and Discord when it comes to suggesting or designing content ideas for the game.
To take that creativity even further, we wanted to give you the means to breathe life into these concepts. Releasing the documentation and enabling XML enthusiasts is the first step we make in that direction.
For now it will only be the specifications. It covers the basics of how to make your own monster! Included are also more advanced topics, like Orders, Tags, Embeds, a list of all Behaviors, and more!
We are looking forward to see if this project picks up and if so, are fully ready to support content made by the Community for the Community.
So without much further ado, head here to visit the documentation!
Looks like you guys still have a bunch of questions, so I'll answer some common ones!
- Yes, Snake Pits still drop from lesser Gods and the other highlands enemies just like before.
- No, we don't have a way for you to actually test your XML yet, but that is something we might invest in if the demand and amount of active XML creators rises! The next step for us is to make sure the documentation is up to date and easier to maintain.
- No, we currently have no plans to make Marks stackable, but we will see if we can improve the system so you don't have to hand in all of them at once. We're going to look at the feedback and see how the feature performs very closely.
- Loot tables for chests contain UTs and special loot (like dyes, skins, etc.) from all bosses in the dungeons of that quest pool, in addition to potions and tiered items.
- Normal Quest Dungeon Pool: Snake Pit, Sprite World, Undead Lair, Abyss of Demons, The Sewers, Mad Lab, Puppet Master's Theatre, Haunted Cemetery, Manor of the Immortals
- Epic Quest Dungeon Pool: Ocean Trench, Tomb of the Ancients, The Shatters, Mountain Temple, Lair of Draconis, Crawling Depths, Deadwater Docks, Woodland Labyrinth, The Nest, Oryx Chamber (O1), Oryx Castle (Janus), Davy Jones' Locker, Ice Cave
- Encore, Shaitan, Candy Land and lower level dungeons will not be part of the pools for now.
- Curse notifications above enemies not showing up was not intended and will be fixed.
Edit 2 - Hotfix 07-09-2017
We just pushed a hotfix adressing a few issues!
- Fixed Curse notifications not appearing for Orbs.
- Fixed AoE damage text on player not showing when ally damage text is disabled.
- Lowered damage thresholds in Oryx's Castle and the Lair of Draconis.
- Fixed Puppet Master spawning Archers and Rogues when he wasn't intended to.
- Oryx Puppet is now Armored instead of Invulnerable during the Artifact phase.
- Fixed an issue where Marks would not drop for all players.
- Fixed Puke Water spawner appearing as a bottle of rum.
- Fixed a few descriptions for consistency.
Edit 3 - Hotfix 14-09-2017
- Fixed client side Stasis caused by Gravel.
- Reduced Ancient Stone Sword drop rates to compensate for the damage threshold fix (don't worry, it will still be much more fair to get than before).
There’s quite a lot of things that we need to cover today, so I took the liberty of bringing Craig here to help me for once.
"How much is a lot?"
Three topics Craig. Three.
"That doesn’t sound like a l-"
OKAY LOOK CRAIG THREE IS A LOT ALRIGHT? EVEN SOME VERY LARGE GAMING COMPANIES HAVE TROUBLE COUNTING UP TO THREE. So, let’s start with the simple stuff, patch notes!
- Biff is now gone from the Realm, hopefully for good.
- St Patty’s Leprechaun just came back! (Note: Statue Leprechaun is unfortunately causing some crashes, we’re currently trying to fix it)
- Player Teleportation temporarily allowed in The Nest (for Event Chest reasons)
- Statue can no longer be dragged to the far corner of the Earth.
- Earth Smash throw range decreased
- Earth Smash explosion delay increased
- Marble Colossus’ Lasers no longer remain after it has been defeated.
Manor of the Immortals
- Nosferatus can no longer spawn inside inaccessible walls.
Short and sweet. Now onto the second topic - DECA AMA is happening!
"What’s an AMA?"
Ask me anything.
"Do you like watermelons?"
No Craig, I mean AMA means “Ask me Anything”
"So you don’t like watermelons?"
God damnit Craig. Anyway, some of you may remember that we already had a thread up to gather your questions back in May (Pepperidge farm remembers). The main reasons behind this delay were mostly us preparing the release of The Nest, Lost Halls and MotMG - and we wanted to give you guys some clear answers regarding the future of Realm of the Mad God. Not to worry though, Realm’s golden days are far from over!
So, once again! Ask your questions in this thread, upvote those you want to see answered, and we’ll do our best to tackle them sometimes next week in a new thread. Please keep in mind that there are questions we can’t or simply won’t answers - for instance, “how many more lamborghinis did you buy since the start of MotMG?” or “do you use stack of $50 or $100 dollar bills to wipe your tears when you see people complaining about Event Chests on Reddit?”
"Sooo what’s the third topic? I’ve got rituals to go back to, adventurers keep on messing up my work…"
Ahhh the third topic Craig… the third topic is that I’m leaving DECA at the end of the month.
"But but but, you said that Realm’s golden days are far from over!"
Oh sure, and my departure isn’t going to change that. We’re going to have Alky joining the team, and R4ndomSXD will be taking over a lot of my current responsibilities - and that’s not to mention Silex and Krathan who are still very hard at work in the background! You’ll get to meet them during the AMA - but long story short, the team isn’t getting any smaller!
"Sooooo why are you leaving?"
You see Craig, there’s a moment in life where every man has to make a decision. I made so much money during MotMG that even with my top tier Tetris skills, I can no longer fit any more lamborghinis in my garage. I considered making additional garages, but…
Joking aside, I had an excellent time at DECA - finding people who truly care about the game and the players is sadly not always easy nowadays, so it was really great working with these guys. We’ve had some passionate debate about what we should do, what we shouldn’t do, what would make the game better and the like - moments that truly show the team is involved in what they are doing, and not just here because “eh, it’s a job”.
So yea. I’m leaving to follow a childhood dream of mine, otherwise I’d have likely stayed with DECA quite some more! If you have any questions for me, feel free to also ask them here and I’ll try to answer them as best I can. Remember that I will leave the questions regarding the game or DECA in general for the AMA.
Oh and Craig? You can go now.
"Uh, do I get a buff at some point with all that?"
No Craig, you’re still an intern. Now get back to work.
Cheers people, and we might cross path again someday!
- Doom Bows and Demon Blades no longer drop from their respective bosses (for the rest of MotMG), but the chances for Bow of the Morning Star and Sword of Illumination drops have been increased!
- Fixed teleporting next to walls sometimes not working (Prisms and Cloak of the Planewalker).
- Fixed Studded Leather Armor fame bonus.
- Fixed corks.
Small patch today to make y’all smile!
- Biff is back! And he’s angrier than ever. Thanks, Craig...
- Bow of the Morning Star and Sword of Illumination drops are back!
- Silenced! A new condition effect, which blocks ability usage without affecting MP. It is not yet used on any enemies, but read on and you will understand why we introduced it like this!
Quality of Life
- Teleport Protection! When teleporting to another player, 1 second of Invincibility, Silenced and Stunned is applied.
- Invincibility means projectiles pass through players.
- You can still get hit briefly, if projectiles are already rendered for you (when close to the Encounter for example), so be careful and don't rely on it for short distance teleports!
- Issues linked to Event Chest (100% drop rate, No Nexus, No Pets, Incredibly tanky mobs) should now be fixed.
- Soulbound stat potions now have their own sprites to differentiate them from the regular ones.
- Mad Lab mini-map has new colors for vats covered by grates to differentiate them from the liquids.
- Increased Haunted Cemetery UT chances further.
- Increased lesser Encounter UT chances slightly and reduced damage thresholds further.
- Prism of Dancing Swords: 400 -> 500
- Harlequin Armor: 250 -> 600
Shop & Items
- Dye Removers have been temporarily removed from the Nexus as they couldn’t be purchased.
- Fixed Chocolate Cookie price.
Note that we're aware of the complaints that some consider MotMG to be lackluster. While we know that there is less interactive events with GMs being involved, I want everyone to understand that time spent doing in-game events is time taken away from working on fixes, polish and new content. The team is working tirelessly to make sure you guys keep on having great stuff to look ahead to - and not just dump everything during MotMG and then disappear for the next few months.
That being said, we'll try to drop by in-game when we have some spare time to have some fun with you guys! Open some dungeons, spawn some bosses and all that jazz :)
Ahem ahem. Let’s start with a message from the entire Deca team today:
This release marks the first anniversary of the complete transfer of Realm of the Mad God from Kabam to Deca!
A little more than one year ago, we took over the operations and development of the game with the objective to breathe new life into it. It has been a great ride, not everyday smooth but always rewarding. Our team has grown in both size and experience, we met a lot of dedicated and talented community members who helped us designing exciting new content along the way and also could always rely on the Community as a whole to share great ideas, feedback, complaints, bug reports, kind words or fun memes!
We are looking forward to many more years of fun with Realm of the Mad God and are very thankful to you all for your support!
Well, with that out of the way, here comes the patch notes! Month of the Mad God and Lost Hall incoming in 30 minutes!
Note: If you can’t connect to the game, try using the website to see if the issue comes from the Client you’re using!
Edit: We are aware of people having issues with Muledump not working properly. We're working on a fix.
- Month of the Mad God! You can check the schedule here. Month of the Mad God ends Tuesday September 5th.
- Lost Hall is live! Give Kiddforce, Toastrz & the rest of the crew a good pat on the back if you see them!
- The Oryx Horde has arrived! Look for Craig in the Realm and ruin his day like the evil adventurers you are! Hans, are we the baddies?
- Be on the lookout! Both Biff and the Leprechaun will also be back later during the month... with a vengeance!
- New Fame Box every Thursday starting on August 10th! Limit of 5 per player (Craig’s Welcome Fame Box limited to 1 per player)
- Deca Anniversary Package will be up in a few hours! Be sure to grab it before MotMG ends and get your free Gold Mystery Skin, Backpack and 100 Mystery Stat Pots (SB)! This pack is only available to players who created their account before August 1st 2017.
Shop & Items
- Nexus Shop revamp! You can now find older skins on sale directly in the Nexus.
- Dye Remover! You can find both Accessory & Clothing Dye Removers in the Nexus for 50 Fame. Edit: Currently bugged, cannot be purchased even with sufficient Fame
- Pet Food update! Most Pet Food items price have been decreased and Feed Power increased.
- Skin & Pet Stone update! Skins’ & Pet Stones’ Feed Power have been adjusted according to their rarity.
- Moss, Stone, Mad God Tokens & Bags will drop during MotMG! Gather 10 Tokens to fuse them into the corresponding Bag, and open it to get a random prize! Participate in MotMG Events to get more tokens!
- Mystery Stat Potions & Mystery Keys have been added to the game! Note: Unlike the Ruby, Emerald & Diamond Key, Mystery Keys will drop a Key and not directly create a portal. Potions acquired from Mystery Stat Potions are Soulbound.
New Tops are soulbound
- In order to avoid the risk of new end-game content getting immediately ruined by duping, new tops will be soulbound at release
- Duping aside, we want players actually taking risks by running Lost Halls to acquire new tops
- New Tops may become un-soulbound in the future, however there is no current plan yet to do so.
- The Tinkerer is taking some time off in preparation of a grand re-opening! Don’t worry, he’ll be back soon - expect some awesome changes!
Loot System and Dungeons
Damage thresholds have been lowered almost across the board. This mainly applies to Stat Potion and UT drops from Encounters and Godlands dungeons.
We have introduced 2 minimum Stat Potions to various dungeons (mostly Godlands so far) and made probability more consistent!
Note: 2 minimum means 2 players will get 1 each guaranteed, 1 player will still only get 1 guaranteed.
We adjusted the length and generation of a few dungeons, most notably Abyss of Demons and Toxic Sewers length has been decreased and the chance for Abyss Idols and Golden Rats has been increased.
Puppet Theatre no longer has loot chests.
The Green Drake Egg drops from Greater Nature Sprites.
Scepter of Fulmination has decreased MP cost and damage but more targets.
- MP Cost: -10 (80 -> 70)
- Damage Base: -70 (220 -> 150)
- Damage Decrease: -10 (40 -> 30)
- Damage per WIS: -2 (8 -> 6)
- Targets Base: +1 (4 -> 5)
- Targets (WIS per): -4 (10 -> 6)
- Overall: maximum HP bonus, lower MP Costs, damage increased significantly
- Wisdom scaling: past 50 Wisdom, Skulls will receive bonuses
- Each point increases damage, the amount depends on the Skull
- Every 10 points will add additional player healing range
- Damage and heal amounts are now separated to allow for damage balancing separately
- Ignore defense: enemy defense can be bypassed, the amount depends on the Skull
- Now shows a nova effect like Tomes for the heal to indicate range, flow particles have been disabled for now
|Skull||Tier||Bonus HP||MP||Radius||Base Dmg||Bonus/ WIS||Def Ignore||Heal|
|Soul Siphon Skull||3||+30||-15||+10||2.5||+15||-10|
|Essence Tap Skull||4||+45||-20||+15||3||+25||-25|
|Skull of Endless Torment||+40||-25||-0.25||+80||5||+60||-110|
|Cracked Crystal Skull||+50||-30||+10||2.5||+20||-30|
|Skullish Remains of Esben||+40||-25||+10||3.2||+30||-60|
- Skull of Endless Torment: 250 -> 1000
- Skullish Remains of Esben: 250 -> 800
- Staff of Esben: 250 -> 700
- Sword of the Rainbow's End: 0 -> 400
- Clover Bow: 0 -> 400
Quality of Life
- Trap tooltips now display their trigger radius
- The Beekeeper will now drop an exit portal if the Killer Bee Queen has already been defeated
- Oryx's realm closing message is now also sent to all dungeons in the realm
- Login calendar now correctly displays server time instead of local time. Please note that all servers run on UTC, meaning the daily Calendar resets happens at 5pm PDT for instance.
- Trying to log in through Steam when banned should now properly display a ban message instead of being stuck in a permanent black loading screen.
Rogues will get sickened by sewage when invisible. No more hazmat cloaks, sorry Rogues!
- Removed self-heal for Possessed Child which prevents invisibility glitch and disconnect in area 2
- Fixed teleport spots outside of areas 1 and 2
- Rounded out safe spots in areas 1 and 2
- Fixed enemy walk-able trees in area 2
- Fixed Empty Beach Bum Oryx taunt
- Fixed various typos
- Attempting to purchase Scepters from the Nexus store no longer breaks the buy panel
- Scepter tool tips should be displayed properly when hovered on leader boards
- Fixed treasure room hallways in The Nest
- Several small and miscellaneous fixes
- Leviathan has a new sprite and animations, still has like ten billion guns though
- Sword of Acclaim and Hydra Skin Armor sprites have been adjusted
- Lair of Draconis has its original 8x8 portal
- Added a whole new batch of Skins & Pet Stones
- Added credits to: Mini Sphinx Pet Stone (Fishfishd)
Now go out there and enjoy MotMG! Big thanks to all our testers as always! Don’t hesitate to drop us a word if you have a comment or feedback.
Hey there people,
We teased it, and you better beelieve it… The Nest is now live! Will you bee able to clear it, or will you bee one of the unfortunate to leave a tombstone in it?
EDIT: The Nest Encounter is fixed!
The Nest is out! Credits - Dungeon Lead: MrUnibro - Art: Beige, Poshun, Dappertron, Bloodqwen - Special thanks to: Krathan, Kiddforce, Atrapper
The new Huntress ST Set, Queen Bee ST Set is out!
Month of the Mad God
- We will soon be lowering the price of several older Skins and Pet Stones for all of you out there. That means we will also have to lower the FP of those skins in particular to avoid having issues where Skins start being more interesting than Pet Food in the long run. If you have any duplicate skin lying around that you are not using, please make sure to feed them soon to avoid losing FP!
More to come… Soon...
Is… is that? Yes, we’re finally getting rid of 27.7 and going full X mode! Let’s celebrate that with the gorgeous Summer Nexus from Beige, and a refreshing summer rain of balance changes!
As for the Art Contest, we’re still going through all your submissions. Just like you guys, we’re super stoked about it - more than 200 participants took the challenge! Hopefully we will be able to reach out to the winners in the coming week.
Important Announcement: We will soon be lowering the price of several older Skins and Pet Stones for all of you out there. That means we will also have to lower the FP of those skins in particular to avoid having issues where Skins start being more interesting than Pet Food in the long run. If you have any duplicate skin lying around that you are not using, please make sure to feed them soon to avoid losing FP!
Month of the Mad God Announcement: No, we didn't forget MotMG - it will take place in August this year! Why the delay though? Well, we're preparing a lot of new stuff for MotMG - a lot of exciting stuff I might add! However, it's going to take us some more time, and we don't want to release a half-baked MotMG which would make everyone sad.
Note: If you can’t connect to the game, try using the website to see if the issue comes from the Client you’re using!
- The Summer Nexuses are now live! With creativity and hard work, Beige brings us the latest Nexus Technology™ with a time-based Nexus, which goes through a complete Day/Night cycle every 8 hours!
- Mini Sphinx Pet Stone now drops from the Grand Sphinx
- Mini Crystal Steed Pet Stone now drops from the Crystal Prisoner
- Mystery Items are out! Using one will drop an random related item (Mystery Skins will drop Skins for instance). The quality of the item depends on the quality of the Unlocker (Gold / Silver / Bronze).
- Using abilities while stunned functions properly and no longer results in disconnects (Shields, Quivers and Shuriken)
- Fixed ocean vent and wounded Thessal not appearing when they should (for real this time)
- Snake Pit Guard is no longer invisible on the mini map and displays its HP bar correctly
- Reduced another repetitive line from the Avatar
- Cleaned up Oryx Taunt strings (double spaces, etc.)
- Entering the Bazaar will now apply a 30 seconds lock during which the player will not be able to enter any portal
- All portals duration have been lowered to 30 seconds (including Shatters)
- Opening secret room now makes a sound like it was intended!
- Brought back backgrounds - Sprite Worlds have stars again! (only when Hardware Acceleration is off)
- Scepter of Geb renamed to Wand of Geb to avoid confusion
- Equipment Tool Tips
- Abilities now display their cooldown
- Set pieces now display the full set bonuses (lightly grayed if not active)
- Traps and Scepters: added new properties and improved stat comparisons
- Improved comparisons for MP Costs
Max Attack: 60 -> 70
Base Attack: 10 -> 12
Scepters have received quite an overhaul! The goal with these changes is more engaging and strategic game-play, on top of making the choice of equipment more interesting.
- Wisdom scaling: past 50 Wisdom, Scepters will receive bonuses
- Each point increases damage, the amount depends on the Scepter
- Every 10 points will add an additional target (+3 for 80 WIS for example)
- Damage distribution: damage decreases for each subsequent target
- Narrower arc: lowered from 90°, now they actually have to be aimed to some extend
- Overall: damage increased significantly
|Scepter||Tier||MP||Arc||Base Dmg||New Dmg||Decrease/ Target||Bonus/ WIS||Base Targets||New Targets|
|Scepter of Skybolts||5||+5||-60°||+80||280||35||7||-3||5|
|Scepter of Storms||6||+5||-60°||+100||300||40||8||-3||5|
|Scepter of Fulmination||+15||-60°||+40||220||40||8||-3||4|
- Damage increased to bring them more in line with other weapons
- Faster projectiles (without affecting range) to make them more responsive
- Bulwark now hits multiple enemies, range displayed in tool tip is more accurate
|Hell's Fire Wand||5||+30||+10||+5||60-75||60-85|
|Wand of Dark Magic||6||+30||+15||+7.5||70-85||70-100|
|Wand of Arcane Flame||7||+30||-5||+20||+7.5||80-95||75-115|
|Wand of Death||8||+30||+5||+2.5||80-120||80-125|
|Wand of Deep Sorcery||9||+30||+10||+5||85-120||85-130|
|Wand of Shadow||10||+30||+5||+10||+7.5||85-125||90-135|
|Wand of Ancient Warning||11||+30||+5||+10||+7.5||90-125||95-135|
|Wand of Recompense||12||+30||+5||+10||+7.5||90-130||95-140|
|Wand of the Bulwark||-3||+50||+50||+50||300-400||350-450|
|St. Abraham's Wand||+20||+10||+5||90-110||90-120|
|Wand of Budding Romance||+30||+10||+5||85-120||85-130|
|Wand of Egg-cellence||+30||+5||+10||+7.5||90-125||95-135|
|Wand of Ancient Terror||+30||+5||+10||+7.5||90-125||95-135|
|Scepter of Geb||+5||+10||+7.5||65-90||70-100|
|Present Dispensing Wand||+30||+5||+10||+7.5||90-125||95-135|
|Eternal Snowflake Wand||-3||+50||+50||+50||300-400||350-450|
|Wand of the Fallen||-5||+20||+10||120-190||140-190|
- Lower MP Costs
- Attack bonus for higher tiers
- Throwing Traps is faster
- Traps last 20 seconds instead of 30 seconds
- Coral Venom Trap
- Feed Power: 500 -> 700
- Fame Bonus: 4% -> 5%
|Coral Venom Trap||-30|
- Added a new UT for pure damage and with other unique properties!
- Ghost Ship
- Drops the new Trap of the Vile Spirit!
- HP: 42000 -> 66000
- Stun Immune
- Paralyze Immune
- Great Coil Snake
- Now only spawns a limited amount of Coil Snakes
- Coil Snakes have less defense: 20 -> 5
- Coil Snakes have more HP: 50 -> 100
Oryx has fortified his castle!
It has become a lot more sturdy! This intends to increase incentive for clearing, give slower players opportunities to catch up and make it better withstand the usually big groups of players.
- Destructible Wall
- HP: 3000 -> 9000
- Fortified Destructible Wall
- New walls that replace the regular ones on the bridge until the end
- HP: 24000
- Living Floor and Quiet Bombs
- Fixed a bug where Quiet Bombs could be destroyed instantly after spawning
- Inflicts Weak for 5 seconds (in addition to Quiet for 5 seconds)
- Projectile Amount: 18 -> 15
- Projectile Speed: 50 -> 40
- Damage: 10-20 -> 20
- The Stone Guardians
- Depending on the party size, the Stone Guardians now regenerate!
- HP: 60000 -> 80000
- DEF: 100 -> 80
EXP in the Shatters has been increased across the board!
- Defense System (Avatar): 58 -> 1000
- Fire Mage: 39 -> 100
- Fire Adept: 78 -> 150
- Archmage of Flame: 39 -> 200
- Ice Mage: 39 -> 150
- Ice Adept: 78 -> 200
- Glassier Archmage: 39 -> 250
- Paladin Obelisk & Titanum: 117 -> 600
- Bridge Sentinel: 243 -> 4000
- Inferno: 243 -> 1000
- Blizzard: 243 -> 1000
- Twilight Archmage: 243 -> 4000
- Royal Guardian L: 39 -> 500
- The Forgotten King: 117 -> 7000
The Puppet Theatre
Puppets have significantly decreased HP!
- The Puppet Master: 110000 -> 70000
- False Puppet Masters activate sooner
- Knight Puppet: 5000 -> 2000
- Warrior Puppet: 4000 -> 1500
- Paladin Puppet: 3500 -> 1500
- Puppet Leather: 4000 -> 1000
- Puppet Robe: 3000 -> 800
- Sorcerer Puppet: 2500 -> 600
- Oryx Puppet: 45000 -> 35000
- Minion Puppet: 7000 -> 2000
Disappointed to not see any changes to Skulls? Not to worry, they're in the works!
Let us know what you would like to see changed about them!
- Added a new batch of Summer Skins
- Fix to the following Skins / Dye Masks: Mini Rosen
- Added credits to: Bagston Pet Stone (MillSup)
That’s it for now! Big thanks to all our testers out there, you know who you are! Please enjoy the Summer Nexus and the new reworks. As always don’t hesitate to drop us a word if you have a comment or feedback - and don’t forget to feed those duplicate skins to your pets!
This month, we decided to invest time on necessary backend changes to improve the game’s stability and performance. This is an ongoing effort that we think most of you will agree to prioritize over always pumping in new content all the time. That being said, we’re not leaving you dry! We added a slightly reworked Cave of a Thousand Treasure as drop in Godlands, and you can meet your new best buddy in your Guild Hall: Friendly Guill, the Guild Guy.
We also allocated a significant amount of time in fixing some legacy bugs and adding a bunch of UI improvements that we hope you will enjoy and give constructive feedback on.
You can discover the changes below, in the Patch Note details:
Djinns in Godlands now have a low chance to drop a portal to the Cave of a Thousand Treasures!
Guill the friendly guild NPC is now ready and eager to serve! Don’t be shy, say hello to him. You’ll find him in your Guild Hall.
Tweaks & Fixes
Disconnect Timeout has been lowered from 10 minutes to 2 minutes
Optimized character list loading time for players with a large amount of items
Scrolling through the In-game news using the mouse wheel no longer activates zooming on the minimap
Fixed a disconnect issue in the Cave of a Thousand Treasures and re-designed flame trap room
Lair of Draconis minions needed for progression no longer get stuck in walls
Character Slot Unlocker and Vault Unlocker items are now only usable in the vault
Mysterious Crystals, Dragon Eggs and Sumo Masters will now spawn with their own tile to remove obstacles
After the Hermit God dies, the deep water will turn into normal water after a short while (no more lost loot!)
Arrow feathers from Bow of Fey Magic should now be purple to be consistent with other bows
Green Satellite (monster) no longer loses a piece of itself when flying around
Skins now always display the Skin Class in the item description
Pet Stones now always display the Family Change warning message in the item description
Reduced Avatar of the Forgotten King spam, Killer Pillar phase is now only announced by the Avatar itself
Fixed a few typos in item descriptions and Oryx taunts
Character selection screen now displays how maxed a character is (x/8)
Character selection screen now displays the current pet of the character
Character selection screen hover now displays backpack content
Character selection screen hover now displays stats (also forces numeric text on hp/mp bar)
Disabled shortening player names (mini map and lock list tool tips)
Mini map: group tool tip and teleport menu background should now scale correctly with the text
Mini map: enemies will always render on top
Quest arrow/portrait now updates immediately
The experimental “decamenu” is now active by default
Added experimental toggle option to display how many potions of a certain stat are still needed to max it, applies to both selection screen hover and in game stats panel (only when level 20, disabled by default)
Added experimental mini-map toggle option for slightly different colors for locked/unlocked players, locked/unlocked guild mates and locked/unlocked white names (disabled by default)
Added a new cursor and fixed existing ones (thanks to Chvzto!)
Fix to the following Skins / Dye Masks: Slime Rogue
That’s it for now! Big thanks to all our testers out there, you know who you are! Please note that we welcome feedback on the UI changes, such as the minimap colors - so don’t hesitate to drop a word. As usual if you have questions, remarks or suggestions, fire away!
And don’t worry, Muledump will still be usable with the changes, simply add &muleDump=true to the URL parameters.
Hey there people! Did you get to enjoy Easter and get smashed by Biff the Buffed Bunny? Here’s a small patch in preparation of the next one.
- Mountain Temple Event Chest! Come one come all to get plenty of loot, including the exclusive Woodland Huntress in celebration of Arbor Day. As per usual, remember that the Chest will only spawn once all the enemies in the dungeon have been eliminated. The Event will end on Tuesday May 2nd at 6pm CET.
- Biff the Buffed Bunny and his eggs has finally left the Realm. The Easter Event is over.
Balance - Mountain Temple
Increased Daichi HP by 25%
Added Invincibility Phases
Added Pierce to Elemental Shots
Increased the number of monsters
Added guaranteed Def Pot + 1 additional Random Pot drop (per dungeon not per player)
Added 15 players limit
Fixed a few typos and bugs
Fix & Tweaks
All Keys should now have 200 FP.
All Skins should now drop in SB Bags (to avoid bot looters).
Mini Rosen & Rosen Skins should now be properly credited to their respective artist (thanks Lovens & Univoid)
Added Time Restriction on Creating Guild / Changing Guild Rank to fix an exploit.
The portal to the Ivory Wyvern in the Lair of Draconis no longer despawns.
Event Chest Content
- Wand of the Fallen
- Woodland Huntress Skin
- Nun Skin
- Ranger Skin
- T11 Weapons
- T12 Armor
- Stat Potions (SB)
That’s it for now! If you have questions, remarks or suggestions, fire away!
Hey there people! Hope you all had your fair share of fun with April’s Fools content, because we’re back with a brand new dungeon as promised! Enter the first wing of the hidden Mountain Temple and defeat the High Monk Daichi to prevent the arrival of the Demon Lord Xil!
The First Wing of the Mountain Temple is now live! Thanks to thq32df & Beige for the Art!
Easter Egg Hunt has started! Eggs will spawn around the Realm, destroying all of them will spawn a Giant Egg! Be careful about destroying this one though, someone might get angry...
Pet Eggs drop rate are doubled for Easter!
Added In-Game Message Board (Scroll Icon on the top left of the screen)
After being constantly exterminated by adventures, the Leprechaun community have decided to move out of Realm of the Mad God. The Leprechaun Chase Event is over.
April’s Fools Reskins have been removed.
Oryx Chicken will no longer spawn.
Made fixes to the following Skins / Dye Masks: Ascended Sorcerer, BB Wolf, Dark Elf Huntress, Demon Spawn, Hunchback, Jack the Ripper, Lil’ Red, Mischievous Imp, Nexus no Miko, Poltergeist, Slime Skins, Stanley the Spring Bunny, Vampiress, Zombie Nurse.
Servers daily restart time have been changed depending on their cluster:
USW Cluster: 3am PST (UTC -7) / 10am UTC
USE Cluster: 3am EST (UTC -4) / 7am UTC
EU Cluster: 3am UTC
Asia Cluster: 3am PHT (UTC +8) / 7pm UTC
Shops & Items
Keys can no longer be purchased in the Nexus Shop by players under 10 Stars.
Keys can no longer be used by players under 10 Stars.
Keys’ price have been permanently lowered (Note: Will need a few minutes to apply to all servers)
Equipment can no longer be purchased in the Nexus Shop by players under 2 Stars.
Oy! What does that mean? To put it simply, the restrictions have been implemented to combat fraudsters, who create new accounts and buy / use large amounts of keys before charging back.
At the same time, we believe that a lot of items are currently too expensive. One of our goal is to make players feel good about spending a few bucks in the Nexus, without feeling forced to gamble with Mystery Boxes or having to spend more to afford expensive packages. We have permanently lowered the price of most keys, and are looking into repricing other items in future patches
That’s it for now! If you have questions, remarks or suggestions, fire away!
Hey there people! Just a few fixes here and there, nothing to see move along.
Fixed Undead Dwarf God spawn rate
Fixed Pot of Gold Invulnerability Time (25 sec now instead of 5 sec)
Crystal Prisoner Clone & Steed should no longer have their Winter reskins
Some small polish fixes here and there
I told you to move along! Shoo shoo!
Hey there people! We’re back at it with a new Patch! Not too many new things this time but a ton of fixes and some balance changes! Also read until the end to get a preview of what will be coming in the future!
Spring time is here! Cherry blossoms are blooming all over the Nexus with the Hanami Theme, made with love by our Japanese artist Beige.
Free cosmetics for all! Mini Stheno Skin, Mini Nut Skin and Bes/Geb/Nut Artifacts (Pet Stones) have been added to their respective bosses Drop Table!
Added Exit Portals to Belladonna’s Garden, Lair of Shaitan and (for the future) Ice Tomb
Added Portal of Cowardice to Puppet Master’s Theatre, Candy Land, Beachzone and Rainbow Road
Leprechaun Hunt has been extended! You have a couple more weeks to chase after our green mini-Sonic. Gotta go fast!
Added /p as alternative to /pause
Ice Tomb Keys will no longer appear in the Nexus Shop / Mystery Box
Ice Tomb Event Chest has now been removed
Snowflake Tokens have now been removed from the game
Winter Areas / Mobs are back to their usual form
Winter Reskins will no longer drop
- The Sexiest Skin on Earth, the Beefcake Rogue, has been added to our files. April Fool’s! (or not?)
Fixes & Tweaks
Password Recovery Email will now display the correct support link
Error Message "Could not find item in inventory. Please wait a few minutes and try again" has been replaced by "Please re-enter your Vault and try to use the item again"
The Tinkerer now offers a XP Potion (1h) as Tier 1 reward and Potion of Wisdom (SB) + Potion of Vitality (SB) as Tier 3 reward (small change while we work on the Tinkerer Rework)
The version number is now X.12! Goodbye 27.7! EDIT: The version number is back to 27.7 for the moment D:
Vault Chest Price Bug / Server-wide SB Bug should be fixed this time! God damn bugs!
The ST skins for the Skuld and Phylactery sets no longer suffer from Cyclops syndrome when walking!
Fixed text when connecting to Vault or Realm
Fixed odd phrasing in options (hotkey tool tips)
Fixed Yard Caretaker being tiny in the UI
Fixed pet names not showing on arena leaderboards
Fixed initial stacked Cursed Blasts in Encore and Halloween Cemetery
Fixed stacked white arc in Ivory Wyvern's 2nd phase
Fixed Skuld slowly migrating south when not activated
Jon Bildgewater stays away from the spawn/portal
Jon's Parrots no longer drop anything
Buffed Jon's drop rates slightly to compensate
St Patrick Event:
Fixed empty Oryx taunt when the Leprechaun is defeated
Pot of Gold has more HP and much lower damage thresholds, giving everyone a chance
Weapons now have (lovely) sounds!
Slightly decreased Abyss drop rate and increased Sewers drop rate
Coral Venom Trap drop chances are now more appropriate for a White Bag
Tomb UTs will be less common
To compensate for drop rate adjustments, damage thresholds have been significantly decreased
- Increased overall EXP gain (Sea Horses also give EXP again! And no worries, it will not be exploitable)
Thessal the Mermaid Goddess
Increased HP from 69000 to 96000
Coral Bombs inflict Pet Stasis for 8 seconds
Waves inflict Weak for 6 seconds
Increased Armor Break duration from 2.4 to 4.0
Can't be stunned during Armor Break and Wave phases (warns with purple flash at the end of Tridents)
Small invulnerability during Tridents (2.6s) and at the start of the last phase (8s)
Shoots Tridents faster in the first phase, Armor Break slightly faster in the first and second phase
All shots (including Coral Bombs’) now pass through players
Deep Sea Beasts inflict Slowed for 2 seconds
New Player Experience
To continue our efforts of smoothing out the experience for new players there have been more changes and additions!
The Tutorial has been updated with information about permadeath, nexusing, pets, fame, camera rotation and options
You can no longer nexus from the main tutorial - this is to make sure new players actually finish it - and don’t worry, you can still go to options and click “back to home” or simply refresh/restart your client to escape if you need to
Camera rotation is now enabled by default
Toggle off-center view is now X by default (should not affect you if you already have X bound to something else)
Adjusted drop rates in High Lands and lower level dungeons - Pirate Cave, Forest Maze, Forbidden Jungle and especially the Spider Den
Slightly reduced the damage and chase speed of certain High Lands mobs
High Lands mobs give EXP again like they are supposed to
Four Dungeons are currently close to completion: Sil3x’s Mountain Temple (1st Wing), Sues’ Goblin Lair, Kiddforce’s Lost Halls and MrUnibro’s Epic Hive. Get ready because they’ll be released soon!
Alchemist & Tinkerer Rework: The Tinkerer & Alchemist are being revamped to allow a better Daily Quest System!
The promised Art Contest has unfortunately been on hold for quite some time due to us running out of time (mostly due to bugs and exploits). Don’t despair, it will still happen!
Q&A Videos (may only be audio)! A few people have voiced their support for us to do regular Q&A sessions, and we’re exploring the possibility (mostly: do we have enough time).
We’re still hard at work to fix the existing bugs and exploits that are plaguing the game! Please remember that using Real World Trading Sites or buying Gold Accounts is strictly forbidden and will get you permanently banned without warning (including your mules and your main account).
That’s it for now! If you have questions, remarks or suggestions, fire away!
Good lord, is it me or are the servers crashing today? I mean, more than usual eh. Well, turns out we finally managed to get some fixes for all the crashing and duping that’s being going on - and not a minute too soon, with the hacked client spreading and all.
In order to combat the duping that’s currently going on, all items dropped by players will be in Soulbound Bags by default. You can still trade with other players, but you will have to use the Trade feature.
Is that going to be forever? We can’t say for sure, but at least for sometimes since Drop Trading has always been less secure. On the bright side, with that out of the way it’s one less Duping Exploit and one more step towards thinking about making new items not Soulbound (not going to happen now though, we still have quite some exploits to fix).
Note that all items should be back to correctly being Soulbound or not Soulbound!
Alright, now that this is cleared up. Patch notes!
The most common Crashing Exploit should be fixed! Stability, yay!
Items dropped from players will now be in SB bags. Use the Trade feature to trade items with other players!
Items should now be back to their correct Soulbound / Not-Soulbound status.
Chase the Leprechaun! A rare monster that only appears at most once per Realm, killing him (you monster) will open a portal to the Rainbow’s End for some unique loot! The Leprechaun will disappear in two weeks, happy hunting!
Ice Tomb End of Winter Event! The Ice Tomb will now spawn an Event Chest with all the Winter Reskins, as well as some Stat Potions! Find the entire Loot Table at the end of this post. Event will end in two weeks as well.
/pause ! You can once again pause in Cloth Bazaars and Guild Halls!
You can now use /w or /whisper as alternative to /t or /tell
You can now use /tp as alternative to /teleport
A few skins have been updated to fix existing issues (notably with dyes).
Tunnel Rat Achievement is fixed!
The Character Slot Price should now update correctly when purchased.
Farm, Insect and Penguin families now display correctly
Missed in the last patch notes
Added player amount to /who
Adjusted lock list position
- Drop chances at the Shore, Low- and Midlands areas have been increased, more improvements that adress the early game experience are on the way! And don't worry, other balance changes are on the way too!
Polish and Quality of Life
Encounter minions will despawn in slightly under a minute after the Encounter has been defeated
The Interact Hotkey should now work with everything in the Guild Hall.
Various Improvements and fixes have been applied to the Skin Selection UI
- Pets are currently healing less frequently than they should.
As always, thanks for Poshun, Beige and Kingged for providing us with Skins and visual fixes! Credits to Beige in particular for the Leprechaun Event :)
Leprechaun Rainbow Dungeon
St Patty's Brew
Miss Shamrock Wizard Skin
Sword of the Rainbow's End
Ice Tomb Chest
Enchanted Ice Blade
Staff of Iceblast
Eternal Snowflake Wand
Frost Drake Hide Armor
Frost Elementalist Robe
Frost Citadel Armor
Tome of Frigid Protection
Hey there people!
In this update we’re updating the Guild Halls and adding a Login Calendar filled with goodies which will start in March, along with a few minor changes.
EDIT 2: Calendar is fixed now! Go get your rewards!
Coming up in March you should be getting a daily pop-up reminding you to check your login calendar for free items.
You will find the Login Calendar NPC next to the Tinkerer in his cave.
There are two different calendars each with its own set of items
The Non-Consecutive Calendar (1st Tab) will update every day you login on Realm.
The Consecutive Calendar (2nd Tab) will need you to come back every day - if you miss a day it will reset to Day 1!
On both calendar, each reward can only be claimed once.
The Calendar will be reset at the start of every month, so don’t forget to claim your rewards before April or they will disappear!
In case you run into any bug, please send us a ticket with as much info (and screenshots if applicable) as possible!
- The Guild Hall have been updated for convenience based on the different Guild Levels! Depending on your Guild Level, you will also have access directly to the Pet Yard, Quest Room and Wardrobe!
Account Creation Confirmation Mail no longer links to Wildshadow’s non-existent Blog. Totally in time, wooh us!
The Tinkerer now sits behind his desk in the Quest Room instead of chilling in front of it like an adorable doofus.
Updated a few item sprites (Enchanted Ice Shard, Ring of the Northern Light, Frimarra)
To avoid a bug where Skin Items would sometimes be consumed without the Skin being unlocked (due to massive lag in the Nexus), Skin Items can now only be used in the Vault.
That’s all for now folks! Next update should have quite a few things for you to enjoy!
In accordance to the recent riots observed on Reddit - and in order to preserve peace and balance to the Realm - we are happy to announce the inauguration of the mighty Empire of Deca:
All insults will be automatically filtered in-game and replaced by “Hail Deca!”
Guilds have all been disbanded. NO PLOTTING AGAINST THE MIGHTY EMPIRE.
Attempting to speak over our honored SpamBotsTM will now be a bannable offense
The Alchemist has been permanently exiled from the Realm. NO FREE ITEMS.
All players must buy and wear the Deca uniform skin in order to enter the Nexus (available for a meager 9,999 gold).
All our testers and contributors have already been enslaved. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.
Alright joking aside, I want to touch a quick word on the recent bans so people can understand a little better how our banning system works:
Unless the offense is very bad (hacking, death threat…), we start with a few temporary bans. That means people who are perma-banned are either in this first category, or they already have a ban history. That you don’t get banned for doing something against the ToS once doesn’t mean we won’t punish you if we catch you. And no, most often we won’t give you an extra warning.
On the topic of the entire JewElimination guild permanent ban: We do agree that the situation was handled too roughly overall. If you were banned for simply being part of the guild and had no other violations outside of that, please send us a ticket about the issue to get unbanned - however, the leader will remain banned. It goes without saying that in the future, please avoid joining guild with such names as you might get banned.
On a more serious note: Don’t be an ass, as simple as that. We don’t want to (and we won’t) police everything that’s being said - you’re not going to get banned for joking around with a friend where no one gets hurt, or for swearing because you didn’t get that UT you’ve been farming for weeks. At the same time though, if you’re being overtly racist or if you are attacking someone, even if your language is tame know that you risk a ban.
Alright, now that this is cleared up. Patch notes!
Dungeon Chest Events will be coming back this month! Keep an eye out for the week-ends
Bella’s Dungeon is also coming back for Valentines!. You will be able to procure Keys with both gold and fame
Added Tome of Frigid Protection, Enchanted Ice Blade and Staff of Iceblast Winter Reskins to the Drop Tables of their respective UTs (Tome of Holy Protection, Crystal Sword and Staff of EP).
Snowflakes Token no longer drop in-game (and are no longer available in Mystery Box)
Added Feeding Power to Snowflake Tokens. Snowflake Tokens will be removed in a later Patch in March, so use them quickly!
Ice Dial Mystic, Snow Cloaked Rogue, Chinese Dress Trickster and Ice King Priest are now correctly shaded when dyed.
Dragon Tamer ST Set can now be dyed.
Ice Crown and Enchanted Ice Blade Winter Reskins have been visually updated.
Glacius (Boss) Sprite has been fixed.
Artic Bow has correctly been renamed Arctic Bow
Fixed 16x16 Pet Stones Icon not scaling properly
Initial invulnerability for 2 seconds in the starting phase.
Initial invulnerability for 2 seconds in the starting phase.
Initial invulnerability for 2 seconds in the attackable phase.
Doubled health (8000 -> 16000)
|Tier||Min +||Max +||Avg +||Old||New|
All Triple Shot Bows
Arc: -3.25 (11.25 -> 8)
True Range: +1.05 (2.51 -> 3.56)
A more narrow gap means higher true range, which is the distance at which you can hit all shots.
Damage: +2.5 Avg (95-125 -> 95-130)
RoF: +10 (150 -> 160)
SPD: +2 (0 -> 2)
DPS graph here - old versions are darkened.
Range: +0.55 (4.2 -> 4.75, +10 speed, +15 ms)
|Tier||Min +||Max +||Avg +||Old||New|
Doku No Ken
Damage: -5 Avg (130-150 -> 120-150)
RoF: -5 (125 -> 120)
Damage: +33.5 Avg (60-95 -> 111-111)
Annoying Firecracker Katana renamed to Sullen Blade
Range: +0.55 (3.2 -> 3.75, +5 speed, +29 ms)
Damage: +20 Avg (50-70 -> 40-120)
Arc: -10 (30 -> 20)
Lifetime: -300 ms (4500 -> 4200)
Just a small nerf, as the changes on the much affected enemies should already be enough of an indirect nerf.
Lair of Draconis UT Armors
Water Dragon Silk Robe
ATT: +3 (3 -> 6)
DEF: +2 (10 -> 12)
SPD: +1 (5 -> 6)
WIS: +3 (0 -> 3)
Leaf Dragon Hide Armor
DEF: +4 (9 -> 13)
SPD: +6 (0 -> 6)
WIS: +3 (0 -> 3)
VIT: +3 (0 -> 3)
Fire Dragon Battle Armor
ATT: +1 (3 -> 4)
DEF: +2 (15 -> 17)
Crystal Wand and Frozen Wand
Damage: +2.5 Avg (75-95 -> 75-100)
RoF: +10 (100 -> 110)
WIS: +2 (0 -> 2)
VIT: +2 (0 -> 2)
As always, thanks for Poshun & Beige for providing us with Skins and visual fixes! I will be hosting a new Art Contest soon, so get your drawing tool ready!
Winter themed content & Chinese New Year Themed Content
While we keep working towards our next meaningful content releases, this release will mainly be adding themed content. We have included a whole batch of character skins, pet stones and special editions of gear that will be released over the next weeks. You will also find that the Nexus has been decorated with celebratory Chinese Lanterns as well as a beautiful Chinese Dragon.
- You will now have a chance to find the Eternal Snowflake Wand
- You will now have a chance to find the Arctic Bow
- You will now have a chance to find the Ice Crown
All the drops you usually find in these dungeons can still be found as well.
New Character Skins
- Penguin Knight (Knight)
- Frimar Knight (Knight)
- Frozen King (Necro)
- Blizzard Sorcerer (Sorc)
- Ice King (Priest)
- Icicle Dial Mystic (Mystic)
- Yuki Onna (Mystic)
- Chinese Dancer Trickster (Trickster)
New Pet Stones
- Desert Cobra (Pet Skin)
- Rooster (Pet Skin), regular red + rare golden
- Chinese Dragon (Pet Skin), small & big
- Chinese Lantern (Pet Skin), small & big
- Gingerbread Man (Pet Skin)
- Mini Polaris (Pet Skin)
Special Edition Items
- Enchanted Ice Blade (Crystal Sword reskin)
- Staff of Iceblast (Staff of Extreme Prejudice)
- Eternal Snowflake Wand (Wand of the Bulwark)
- Artic Bow (Coral Bow)
- Frost Drake Hide Armor (Hydra Skin Armor)
- Frost Elementalist Robe (Robe of the Grand Sorcerer)
- Ice Crown (The Forgotten Crown)
- Frost Citadel Armor (Acropolis Armor)
- Tome of Frigid Protection (Tome of Holy Protection)
- Vault Chest and Character Slot Unlocker will no longer equip on shift click. It needs to be used directly from the inventory (a help message has been added).
Happy New Year!
After a short break for the holidays, we came back to a fun bunch of bots trying to crash our servers. We modified a few things and they should no longer be able to do any harm.
Also behind the scenes, we’ve been working on new features and the longer term projects we discussed in our last producer letter. It’s sometimes slow going (trying to get it right), but we’re committed to continue to provide at least small updates as we go to make sure the game stays fresh.
Today we have a small release with a few bug fixes, skins and pet stones.
- Fixed pet sprite sizes in the UI
- Fixed stacking pet tool tip in the pet yard
- Inuit Skin (made by Beige) http://i.imgur.com/qeSS3rM.png
- Snowcloaked Rogue (made by Poshun) http://i.imgur.com/5os1ejj.png
- Added several pet stones for existing pets, to be released as we go along. Stay tuned!
- Removed candy cane items