Welcome Aboard Nogard's Great Dragon Boat!
We’ve developed this guide to help you get the most magic out of this very special event! As always, you can email our Customer Support team for additional information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join DragonVale for the Nogard's Great Dragon Boat event! Your park must be at least level 11 to participate in this event, which began on August 9th, 2018. If you’re above level 11 and the event hasn’t started for you, you may be playing on an older version of DragonVale. Please update to the most recent version through your device's app store. The correct version for the event is 4.8.0.
During this event Magic can be earned in a variety of ways. Magic can then be exchanged for fabulous prizes at the Mainsail Market!
Ways to Earn Magic:
- Breeding dragons
- Incubating dragons
- Hatching dragons
- Completing Dragon Donation requests
- Tapping on special visiting wizards
- Collecting daily rewards at the Fortuitous Forecastle
Magic can also be purchased through the Market. Purchased Magic does not count against your daily collection limit.
The Mainsail Market can be found aboard Nogard's Great Dragon Boat and contains all the prizes that can be earned in the event. Prizes are divided into several tiers, and new prize collections will unlock as the event progresses.
Exchanging Magic for Prizes
- Visit the Mainsail Market and tap the Prizes icon
- View available prizes by tapping each of the different collections
- A counter on each prize will show you how many of that item you currently own. Please note that dragons that have not yet been hatched will not be counted.
- Collect the required number of unique prizes to unlock higher tiers
The surface lands are wild and untamed and Nogard will need the protection of dragons that you breed and donate. Some requests will ask for a specific dragon, and others will simply require any dragon with the requested element.
Please note: Dragons that you donate to Nogard's Great Dragon Boat will not be returned and you can only donate newly-hatched dragons.
To fill a donation:
- Tap on the Mainsail Market aboard Nogard's Boat
- Tap the "Donation" icon at the bottom of the screen
- Tap a space to view the request and reward for completing that space
- Breed the required dragon, then tap the "donate" icon after hatching the new dragon
- If you aren't able to breed a requested dragon, you can use Gems to fill the request instead
You will earn Magic for each donation request you fill. Completing an entire line of requests will provide even more Magic, and filling the entire donation request will earn you the most Magic. You can complete up to 5 donation cards per day.
The Fortuitous Forecastle rewards you for each day you play during the event. Earn free Magic, Gems, and even dragons!
- Check in each day for magical rewards and special surprises!
- If you miss a day, don’t worry, you can spend a few gems to catch up. You cannot collect a day’s reward in advance.
- You only have to login to DragonVale each day to be eligible for the reward. If you login, but forget to visit the Fortuitous Forecastle, your reward will still be available to collect the next time you visit.
Please note: Dragons from the Fortuitous Forecastle must be collected before the end of the event. If you earn the day 20 or 25 dragon reward, but do not collect it prior to the event ending on September 4th, a dragon will be randomly chosen for you and placed in your gifts menu.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why hasn’t the event begun in my park yet?
Your park must be at least level 11 to participate in this event, which began on August 9th, 2018.
If you’re above level 11 and the event hasn’t started for you, you may be playing on an older version of DragonVale. Please update to the most recent version through your device's app store. The correct version for the event is 4.8.0.
What is the daily limit of Magic?
For all intents and purposes Magic collection is unlimited in this event, but you will reach a cap if you manage to collect 10,000 Magic in a single day. Keep in mind that purchases in the Market are not affected by the daily limit.
When can I collect more Magic?
Your daily cap for Magic will reset each day at 11am Mountain Time. Check back each day for more Magic and more chances to earn prizes!
What Happens to my dragons after I donate them?
Dragons donated to Nogard will accompany him to the surface aboard his boat. Dragons that you donate will not be returned to your park.
Can I donate an existing dragon in my park?
Only newly-hatched dragons can be donated to Nogard's Dragon Boat.
When does Nogard's Great Dragon Boat event end?
The event runs through September 3rd, 2018, and concludes on September 4th at 11am MDT. It will not be possible to earn additional Magic after this time, but the Mainsail Market will remain open for one additional day so you can turn in any leftover Magic you may have.
When does the Mainsail Market close?
The Mainsail Market will close at 11am MDT on September 5th and event prizes will no longer be available after this time.
What happens to my leftover Magic at the end of the event?
After the Mainsail Market closes on September 5th, we'll turn any leftover Magic into DragonCash at the rate of 1,000 DragonCash per 1 Magic.
When is my last chance to purchase Magic if I need a little more?
To prevent any potential issues with purchases being made as the event is ending, Magic purchasing will be turned off at 8am MDT on September 5th, 3 hours prior to the closing of the Mainsail Market.
We appreciate you stopping by our event FAQ for more information. If you have further questions, send us an email at email@example.com