The Spectacular Spectacle
We’ve developed this guide to help you get the most Magic out of this very special event! In order to submit a support ticket, please visit https://support.decagames.com or send one from within our mobile games.
The circus has arrived in the Vale! Come and join us in this Spectacular Spectacle. Find a good seat and prepare to be amazed!
Your park must be at least level 11 to participate in this event, which began on April 29th, 2021. If you’re above level 11 and the event hasn’t started for you, you may be playing on an older version of DragonVale. Please update to the most recent version through your device's app store. The correct version for the event is 4.23.
During this event, Magic can be earned in a variety of ways. It can then be exchanged for mesmerizing prizes at the Faire Fete!
Ways to Earn Magic:
- Collecting from habitats
- Breeding and hatching dragons
- Purchasing Dragons with Gems
- Watching Visions at Tolzar's Optical Oracle
- Competing in the Colosseum
- Playing games in the Game Attractions
- Competing in challenges at the Amusement Arena
- Finding and tapping Flag Bearers in your park
- Playing Eggy Hatchy
The Faire Fete can be found on the event island and contains all the prizes that can be earned in the event. Brand new decorations have been added to the Kite tier. Don’t forget to check them out!
Exchanging Magic for Prizes
- Visit the Faire Fete and tap the Prizes icon
- View available prizes by tapping each of the different collections
- A counter on each prize will show you how many of that item you currently own. Please note that dragons that have not yet been hatched will not be counted.
Certain returning dragons can be customized using the power of Spellforms. Dragons that can be enhanced with Spellforms are indicated by a mask icon in the lower right corner of their info card, and can be found in the "Enhanced" section of the Dragonarium.
Obtaining Spellform Pieces
The Spellform Energy Chests found in the Faire Fete contain enhancements for Enhancement Dragons. Once obtained, these enhancements can be viewed and applied from the Altar of Alteration building.
You can also obtain enhancements from the Golden Chests found in Mini Games. A Golden Chest won in a mini game can contain any of the enhancements, and will start repeating once you have collected all of them.
Note: if you have all variations of the included costume pieces you will receive a duplicate.
The Altar of Alteration
You can keep track of your Spellform collection using the Altar of Alteration. Once you collect this building from your gifts menu and place it in your park you can use it to view all the Spellforms you've acquired. This is also where you can apply Spellforms to your dragons.
Please note that a Spellform piece will not be shown as owned in the Altar of Alteration until you have collected it from your gifts menu.
Applying a Spellform
You can enhance your dragons with the Spellforms you've collected. You can apply an individual Spellform piece, an entire Spellform set, or mix and match pieces from different sets.
- Make sure you've collected a dragon that can be enhanced with Spellforms. These dragons are indicated by a mask icon in the lower right corner of their info card.
- Tap the Altar of Alteration
- Tap the "Enhancements" icon at the bottom of the screen
- Tap the "Select Dragon" button on the left side of the enhancements menu
- In the pop up menu, tap to select the dragon you wish to apply a Spellform to, then tap the "Select" button. A dragon must be at least level 4 to have a Spellform applied.
- Tap the Spellform pieces you wish to apply to the dragon. You may select individual pieces, or apply/remove a whole set of pieces using the "Equip All" and "Remove All" icons.
- Spellforms can be changed at any time by returning to the Altar of Alteration, or by tapping the mask icon in the lower right corner of a dragon's info card
Activities & Games
Name That Dragon - Show off your DragonVale knowledge when you take this multiple choice challenge. Win Magic when you guess correctly!
Name That Egg - Show off your DragonVale knowledge when you take this multiple choice challenge. Win Magic when you guess correctly!
Wheel of Chance - Give the wheel a spin and be rewarded with the number of Magic or Gems the needle lands on.
Dragon Drop - A game of chance, Pachinko style! Tap to drop the coin and win Magic!
Buying More Plays
After you use your last available play at the Game Attractions, you will have the option to purchase an additional play for 5 Gems. Purchasing an additional play is entirely optional and you will still receive your 5 free plays every 12 hours as usual.
Sometimes mini-games contain a Golden Chest that will provide special rewards. You'll always have a small chance to find a Golden Chest when playing games, but buying an additional play gives a 100% chance of a Golden Chest appearing on your next turn. Please note that this only guarantees that the chest will appear, and not that you will win the chest.
The Circus Event rewards you for each day you play during The Spectacular Spectacle.
Check in each day for magical rewards and special surprises! Earn free Magic and even dragons!
If you miss a day, don’t worry, you can spend a few gems to catch up. You cannot collect a day’s reward in advance.
You only have to login to DragonVale each day to be eligible for the reward. If you login, but forget to visit the Circus Events, your reward will still be available to collect the next time you visit.
Similar to cooperative breeding, you can team up with friends’ dragons to compete in challenges and win Magic!
- Challenges will last six hours each
- Choose the best dragons for the challenge by matching your dragon's elements to the elements of the current challenge
Eggy Hatchy is back with a twist! We’re happy to announce that the mini game will be part of The Spectacular Spectacle event. But there are some changes to it this time around.
Once The Spectacular Spectacle begins, the Eggy Hatchy Portal will appear in the upper left corner of your park, close to the galaxy islands. You need to be at least level 11 to try it out, and if it hasn’t appeared in your park yet, make sure to update your application to 4.23.
What’s new and different
- A new power-up - Food. This powerup is in the shape of treats and passing an egg over it during a breed will increase the level of the resulting egg.
- Tower completion reward - Completing all stages of a tower will now give additional rewards, like Magic and decorations. Go ahead and tap on the banner with the tower’s name to see what is waiting for you at the top.
- Variety in towers - This time around we have two Daily towers, with basic and advanced difficulties. Both towers come with 3 stages and a tower completion reward.
- Weekly towers - Running along the Daily towers, we have Weekly towers as well. They are harder to beat, but you have more time to do so. Their stages and the completion of the tower itself offer much higher rewards.
- Redo - If you made a mistake or a breed that you wish you hadn’t, you can use the redo option to reverse your actions and go one step back by watching a vision. You get a maximum of 5 of these per day. Please note that the Redo option cannot return banked eggs! And if it reverts a breed in which a power-up was consumed, that power-up and its effects are lost.
- Sponsor Ticket - If you are out of tickets and you don’t want to wait, you can watch a vision to get a free ticket. This option is available only once a day, and you can locate it in the regular Market.
Eggy Hatchy consists of Towers, with typical Circus activities and stunts as names. You will be given the chance to play a Tutorial Tower during the event tutorial. Every day, two new Daily towers will appear for new and exciting challenges. And every week, a new Weekly tower will appear, so make sure to login often!
Note - All towers now give an extra reward upon completing all of its respective stages.
Eggy Hatchy Stages are organized into groups called Towers. Each Daily Eggy Hatchy Tower consists of 3 Stages. Players progress through the Tower by accumulating points when playing the Stages. Each stage rewards the player with magic for completing specific goals.
The way you play is by tapping on an egg to select it, and then tapping on another egg that is connected to the first one by a white line. Tap the second egg again to confirm the “breed”. This will make the eggs merge together. To bank an Egg (taking it out of the board and banking the points and elements it gives), tap on the egg, then tap on the Bank button. A Stage ends when all eggs have been banked or no valid moves remain. Use your knowledge of DragonVale breeding to complete the goals and win Magic!
Note: If you haven’t accumulated enough points to unlock the next Stage, you can get more by going back to previous Stages. If you are replaying an already completed Stage, this will cost you 1 Ticket, but you won’t be given the special reward for completing it again.
This feature uses a special currency to play - Tickets. You can find your current balance of Tickets on the upper left corner of the UI. Tickets to play stages in Eggy Hatchy regenerate every half hour, up to a maximum of 5 tickets. A countdown to the next free ticket is shown under the ticket balance. Each stage cost 1 Ticket to enter. Additional Tickets can be purchased in the Market.
Note - You can watch a vision to get a free Sponsor Ticket once a day! Simply head over to the regular Market!
Each Stage has different goals, which are listed in the Goals area, to the left of the Game Board. Make sure to complete all of the goals of a stage in one play to get the magic rewards! Rarity has a large effect on the score of an egg. Hunt for those Rare and Epic dragons to clear those hard score goals. Merging the same egg with itself will lead to an extra level gained on the resulting egg! A twin egg means its score is doubled! Twin status will also never be lost in a breed, so use that to your advantage.
Eggy Hatchy now has Food Power-ups in addition to the Twin Power-ups! In some stages, you might have power-ups hiding under your eggs. You can activate these by moving eggs over them during a breed.
Passing an egg through these Power-ups will have the following effects:
- Twin Power-up: The resulting breed will become a twin dragon, doubling its score! The Twin status is kept for all further breeds that egg goes through.
- Food Power-up: The resulting breed will be a higher level than usual. In this iteration, Food Power-ups give 2 additional levels.
Note: Power-ups appear in random places and may sometimes be unreachable.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why hasn’t the event begun in my park yet?
Your park must be at least level 11 to participate in this event, which began on April 29th, 2021.
If you’re above level 11 and the event hasn’t started for you, you may be playing on an older version of DragonVale. Please update to the most recent version through your device's app store. The correct version for the event is 4.23
What is the daily limit of Magic?
There is no overall daily limit on Magic in this event, but the maximum amount of Magic you can earn by collecting from habitats is 500 per day on a regular day and 1000 on a double day.
Why am I not receiving Magic when I collect from my habitats?
If you are no longer earning any Magic when you collect from habitats, that would indicate that you have reached your habitat limit for the day.
Why didn't I win the Golden Chest when I bought an additional play at the Game Attractions?
Buying an additional play guarantees that a Golden Chest will appear as one of the possible prizes in that round, but does not guarantee that you will be able to win it. Please note that in Name that Dragon/Egg you must answer correctly before the timer expires in order to win the Golden Chest.
When does The Spectacular Spectacle end?
The Spectacular Spectacle event runs through June 13th, and concludes on June 14th at 11AM Mountain Time. It will not be possible to earn additional Magic between these days, but the Faire Fete remains open so you can spend any leftover Magic you may have.
When does the Faire Fete close?
The Faire Fete will close on June 16th at 11:00 AM Mountain Time and it will not be possible to claim event prizes after this time.
What happens to my leftover Magic at the end of The Spectacular Spectacle?
After the Faire Fete closes, we'll turn any leftover Magic into DragonCash at the rate of 1,000 DragonCash per 1 Magic.
What is the red exclamation mark next to the Eggy Hatchy ticket balance?
If there is an active sale on any Eggy Hatchy Tickets, the ticket balance will display an exclamation mark.
Why is my Stage grayed out and unplayable?
You haven’t accumulated enough points to unlock this Stage. Please replay older stages in order to collect the necessary amount of points.
Do I need to complete all stages of a tower to move to the next one?
No, you can play on different Towers at the same time.
I ran out of towers, how do I unlock more?
New daily towers will appear every day during The Spectacular Spectacle event. Login daily for new and exciting challenges! There are also weekly towers now, where you can test your skill while waiting for new daily towers.
Do my Eggy Hatchy plays count towards the other mini games?
No, Eggy Hatchy is a separate entity. You still have your 5 free plays every 12 hours in the Game Attractions.
If a tower has multiple goals, do I have to complete them all at once for them to count or can I do them separately in several runs?
You have to meet all of the listed requirements in a single run for a Stage to be successfully completed.
Does the dragon egg combination reflect in-game breeding of the same dragons?
No. Eggy Hatchy follows the same familiar DragonVale breeding system, but as in the park, it’s a matter of luck.
There is a weird light blue egg on the board, but when I tap on it, nothing happens. Why is that?
This is the twin power-up. You can activate it not by tapping on it, but by moving an egg over it during a breed. That will result in a twin, doubling its score.
There is a treats icon on the board, but when I tap on it, nothing happens. Why is that?
This is the newly introduced food power-up for The Spectacular Spectacle. You can activate this power-up not by tapping on it, but by moving an egg over it during a breed. That will result in the breed having a higher level than normal.
What does the Redo option do?
The Redo option reverts your last breed, letting you correct a mistake that you made or take advantage of a power-up that you didn’t know was there. Note that if the Redo reverts a breed in which a power-up was consumed, that power-up and its effects are lost.
Why can’t I redo my last action?
You have either used your 5 Redos for the day, or your last action was the banking of an egg.
We appreciate you stopping by our event FAQ for more information. If you have further questions, please visit https://support.decagames.com or send one from within our mobile games.