Here at Celtic Heroes we really care about our players, and feel a duty to protect them against other people gaining access to their account. The main way to prevent this is to ensure that only the person who has registered an account should be the one accessing it.
Below you will find our policies regarding unauthorised account access, and some tips on how to prevent other people from using your account.
How to Keep a Account Secure
All accounts are stored safely and securely on our servers and have never been hacked. The only way people can gain access to your account is if you have shared your password or made one that is very easy to guess
The security of an account is important, and is the sole responsibility of the user. Here are a few tips to help keep an account secure:
- Do not share your username or password with anyone, including friends (both in-game and real life), family, or guild members.
- Choose a password that is difficult to guess, but easy for you to remember. Some tips on making passwords secure:
- Ensure passwords are a mixture of letters and numbers
- Use at least 8 characters for your password.
- Avoid using words found in any dictionary, or the names of friends, family, pets, etc.
- Avoid using words which are similar to your username, your character name, the name of your guild, or your World.
- Avoid using a password that you already use for another game and/or website.
Regarding Celtic Heroes Accounts
The following statements relate to the parts of the Terms and Conditions (which users agree to when they create an account) relevant to this policy.
- You are not allowed to share your username or password with anyone.
- When you create an account, you are responsible for all activities conducted through the account.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your own account. This includes ensuring your username and password remain confidential. You are responsible for all uses of your username and password, whether or not it has been authorised by you. Do not write your password down.
- Accounts must not be traded to another person. If the account is proven to have been traded to another person, the account will be disabled.
- Deca Games does not recognise the transfer of Celtic Heroes accounts between individuals. This includes accounts which have been transferred for in-game items or Gold, or “real-world” currency.
An important thing to note is that:
- All accounts are stored safely and securely on our servers. These servers have never been hacked. The only way you can lose your account is by sharing your password or choosing one that is vey obvious to guess.
- If you lose items or gold because you have shared your account details, the Support team will be unable to restore your items or gold. The individual responsible for the loss of these items will be subject to the Celtic Heroes Disciplinary Procedure.
Regaining Control of a Compromised Account
If you feel that your Celtic Heroes account has been compromised, please take the following step:
- Reset your password from the Main Menu screen. Information on how to do this can be found here.
Repercussions for Compromising an Account
Players who have
- Acquired access to an account which they themselves did not register, or
- Revealed the username and password of their account, or
- Attempted to sell or trade access to their account,
will be subject to the Celtic Heroes Disciplinary Procedure, and as a result may have their account disabled.